AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Sanford Commemorative

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harry Sanford Commemorative
    Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 8:01pm
It never rains but it pours.... Guns International had a 2 barrel AMT AM tapered barrel set, 1 357 bbl and 1 44 bbl, 200 rounds loaded ammo and xtras, all for 1,895.  I e-mailed the seller and it sold while I was awaiting a reply.....Angry

However........ go to http://www.gunsinternational.com/-44-AUTO-MAG-Mod-180-STAINLESS-SPECIAL-ED-1-OF-1000.cfm?gun_id=100193592  and there is a Harry Sanford Commemorative in the wood presentation case w/2 mags, 950 rounds of starline brass and reloading dies for 2575......  FWIW  hopesomone on the forum grabs it  it also comes w/some extras

Charlie

"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
General Douglas MacArthur.
Auto Mag Whisperer View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 9:20pm
They originally sold for more than that.  Only about 65 made using three names.
Someone should snag it............Bruce
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:27pm
I have a terrible addiction,  I just bought a BAM and now I lost all of my will power, I have just got off the phone with the seller of the Sanford Commemorative and I'm buying that too......  Now I need to check to make sure I have a dog house to sleep in and that the roof doesn't leak..
"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:29pm
By the way Bruce, I used your shooter's grips this weekend and have to tell you they fit my gun great and gave excellent feel and control of my 44.
Thanks for making them.
Charlie
Auto Mag Whisperer View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:43pm
Congrats on the HSSS gun.  Harry Sanford Signature Series.  Can't see if it is a Sturgas or Irwindale marked gun.  The one on the cover of the second sales brochure was marked Pasadena.  The ATF frowned on a gun made in Irwindale being marked Pasadena.
Happy the grips worked out for you. 
Bruce S.

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm
WOW, you did alright.

Its a good looking gun and I believe they were hand built by Larry Grossman!

Enjoy!!!

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:00am
I'll have to come over and see that one........Never seen a Harry Sanford in Person.  I was trying to think of a way to buy it, but my funds are committed elsewhere right now.
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 1:26pm
Can't wait to receive it.  Soon as I do we will meet for another beer and check it out. 
Jason do you have a BAM?  If so, I would love to get some tracings and measurements of the grips to replicate factory original stocks.  The BAM I bought has what looks like a tremendous set of custom stocks but I would like to have a factory (appearing) set.  My research doesn't seem to reveal much chance of finding a factory set, so I'll try to have a set carved up......

Charlie
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 1:52pm
No problem on the tracing. My pair actually hang down below the frame and prevent the magazine from inserting all the way. The gun doesn't work! Proves they weren't test fired. I can show u the case too if you didn't get one. They are not hard to make I don't think. Can't wait to see the commemorative.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Road King Road King wrote:

Can't wait to receive it.  Soon as I do we will meet for another beer and check it out. 
Jason do you have a BAM?  If so, I would love to get some tracings and measurements of the grips to replicate factory original stocks.  The BAM I bought has what looks like a tremendous set of custom stocks but I would like to have a factory (appearing) set.  My research doesn't seem to reveal much chance of finding a factory set, so I'll try to have a set carved up......

Charlie
Hi Charlie,

Most of the BAM's had rather plain wood grips on them, there are much better ones out there for sure, but if you really want a set of originals I may have a pair.

Let me know and I'll take a look.  They are not a "high value" item so I'm not too concerned about parting with them if you are want a set and I can find mine.

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>