AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ultimate Automag oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The ultimate Automag oil
    Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 2:10pm

A gunsmith/shooter friend swears by this gun oil. Get some 0-40w synthetic motor oil and mixed 50-50 with slick 50. I'v been told the high end Detroit cars like Corvette and Viper use synthetic right from the factory......Rick

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 2:59pm

Hi Rick,

I like the new board, real slick!

And speaking of slick, I have long been an champion of synthetic motor oil for Auto Mags.

Skip the Slick 50 and just get some Mobile 1 in the heaviest wt you can find (maybe 15w-40???)

GH
Rick View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 7:11pm
Thanks for the positive comment GH. I use the Mobile 1 in 10-40. Havent tried messing with the slick 50 yet.....Rick
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 8:57pm

GH,

You mean I can't use the Mobil 1 5W-20 for my Honda's in the Automag?

Guess I'll have to switch to 15W-40 Mobil 1 for the Scout (currently using Rotella)

I "thinkl" I might have posted the first for sale ad on the new forum!!  I was going to do it this weekend anyway, and I went to post and found the new forum!!!

Jason
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 9:17pm
Great new look for the site Rick!!! I really like it.
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
Rick View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 10:15pm
Jason I use what my Dodge uses. Mobil1 10-40w. I empty out what was left in my Hoppie squeeze bottle and filled it up. Really a lot cheaper buying gun oil by the quart.

Automag, thanks for the compliment about the forum.
Bullethole View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullethole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 11:06pm
Wow....No drinkin while post'in .....I was freaked!
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 11:30pm
Rick, the oil mix sounds like a great idea, I will have to try it!!!
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
Rick View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 1:16am
Jason affirmative. You were the first.
Bullethole View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullethole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 1:29am

Has curmudgeon made it to the new place here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>