AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Automag II...lots of problems.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walterrego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 3:55am
My AutoMag II has been trouble free with almost any 40 grain .22 WMR ammo. The Fiocchi has been especially good as has Remington and Super X. My experience suggests that these guns are not only set up for a somewhat sensitive powder burn rate, but also for heavier bullets. Mine doesn't function well at all with the 30 grain bullets.

Regarding cleaning the chamber & ports: I went to the grocery store and bought one of those tally, skinny bottles of capers. I threw the capers away and washed the bottle thoroughly.

Field strip the gun and set the barrel chamber end down in the bottle. Then pour in enough Hoppes No. 9 to completely submerge the chamber area. Stand the bottle up in a safe place where it won't tip over or have any risk of exposure to flames, etc and let it soak overnight.
Hoppes is a good solvent but you have to let it work. Maybe agitate  the chamber area a little with a nylon bore brush and let it soak some more. Drain it well, and if you have compressed air available blow out the chamber as much as possible. I use one of those cans of air that are used to clean computers and electronics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456