FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clint A Teeter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ARMiller View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clint A Teeter
    Posted: 06 May 2023 at 5:49pm
I have a single set of unused Jurras Gorilla Clint Teeters (CAT) Grips grips for my mint North Hollywood.  As this pistol is never fired, and the grips were only removed once from their original packaging to take photos, they won't get any wear and tear.  When I open the plastic bag they came in, they still smell like the varnish Clint used to seal the wood!  I sealed them back up and am going to keep them this way.

Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 8:01am
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the info. We look foreward to more history stories!

I think the laminated grips are the best looking ones on a AutoMag...

Here is the old link to where Lee Jurras said that Clint and Kent Lomont were cousins:

Oh, in case you want to offer the bags of grips for sale, you're welcome to put up an ad on the gun Classifieds section.

Luc V.

EagleEyeHoosier View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyeHoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 2:20am
I'm sure he'd love to share a short story with you guys. And no, he and Kent were not related, but very good friends from work, as they were both gun nuts. Clinton was an engineer in the rubber injection molding industry, but I forget which plant they worked at together. Kent is sort of a legend around these parts, as he was heavy into belt fed machine guns, reloading, and all sorts of large caliber weapons. My grandfather has some pretty funny stories of them clowning around together, and doing a lot of fun stuff that you couldn't get away with today. I think he still has a few big bags of laminate automag grips floating around somewhere
Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:27pm
That is amazing that you jumped on and joined the forum to pass along this information.

Any and all information of those that had anything to do with the Auto Mag is interesting to learn about.

Having a "short story" from him regarding his Auto Mag days would be great to read.  Maybe he can throw something together to share and post on here?

So, was he an Engineer and related to Kent Lomont as rumored?  LOL

If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
Bulls Eye View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulls Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 8:47pm
Cool, thanks for sharing!
EagleEyeHoosier View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyeHoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 12:37pm
His name is Clinton Alan Teeters, and he is my grandfather. He is alive and doing very well for, I believe, 86 years old now. He lives a couple miles down the road from me in Fort Wayne, so I get to visit him all the time. I manage a gun store here in town, so we share an interest in firearms. He still owns his 357 and 44 automags, in beautiful shape. He still has a bunch of grips if I'm not mistaken, but he hasn't made a pair in a long time. If you guys think his grips look good, those are some of his more simple and less demanding woodworking pieces. The man has made some breathtaking hourglasses, tables, etc... that would blow your mind. He's been the best grandfather a kid could ever hope for. An EXTREMELY smart and talented man, and even more kind. I dread the day that inherit his beautiful pair of automags. The man has been like a superhero to me, and I'd be happy to answer any of your guys' questions, or contribute information. I just saw his name mentioned on this forum and couldn't help but throw in my .02$
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 7:53pm
No I'm not complaining about what I'm getting for my grips I'm just stating statistics I make my prices and try to be fair about them I price them on what there made of and how long it takes me to make them and if some one dont like the prices nobody twisting there arm to buy them and I have adjusted my prices and like I said a while back I am making these grips to try and use up the material I have up and then the grips atfer that will be few and far between the grips I have been making here lately I have sold before I get them finished like on the dymond wood I had left about 10 pair all but three are sold and maybe those to the only bad thing about it is no one got a chance at them but the one that said he would take them before they were finished and I cant get the dymond wood any more so I hope any one that wants some of my grips gets them I dont know this guy may take them all . I'm going to try and finish all the material have left by the end of the year so when Uncle Sam hits me on these grips and my partial unemployment next year at tax time this will be it.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 4:08pm
William, your prices have always been more than fair in my opinion and well match the quality of the workmanship that went into them.

I am personally thrilled to have several sets of your grips. 

As for prices of anything today, well some things are so much more expensive its hard to even grasp. I was looking at new Dodge MegaCab trucks and seeing sticker prices of well over $50k,,,

And yet my first Auto Mag ( 6 1/2" VR Jurras) cost me $1800.00 back in the 1980's.  I have seen similar selling for the exact same price today! 

Yes some Auto Mags are selling for more, and many other things are as well, but look at the cost of computers and TV's and so many other products. 

I see almost no pattern or consistency.   Kinda mirrors the world at large, no pattern or consistency,,,

Never under value your work, you are a true craftsman and I admire your skill.  Your grip-making skills are far better than anything I could ever do.

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 1:23pm
You know that $35.00 for a set of grips in 1975 was not pocket change and got me to thinking I have had some in the past tell me my grips seem a little high but if you add in the rise in cost of every thing I should be charging $350.00 when my grips are hand made even Teeter did not make all his by hand and think about I remember I didn't by my first new car until 1979 it was a ford thunder bird and was setting on the show room floor white with red in side it was sharp had all the bells and whistles and I paid $6,800.00 for it man they wont even let you look at one for that now. How times have changed.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 4:02am
Oh yes I have no doubt Larry, and truth be told so would I, well so long as it struck my eye just right. 

Matter of fact I keep shopping for a Browning A-Bolt Gold Medallion in .22 and the only reason I haven't spent that insane amount of money for a .22 is I just have not yet found the right combination of wood and caliber and configuration (no factory sights, factory scoped only and either .22  LR or 22Mag)  when you find one with the extra fancy stock they look sooooo good.

gh
Who was that masked man,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>