AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$6000 dollar auto mag?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $6000 dollar auto mag?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 1:12am
 I just saw on a popular gun sale site, (GA)they are asking a buy it now of $6,150 for ser.#322 Pasadena, in almost new condition!Wacko Are the prices really jumping that high? I have been checking GB here and there but haven't seen any "normal" pasadena's going that high. Are the low ser. # guns going that high?
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 2:09am
No
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 2:43am
He has it listed on GunBroker for $6000.00.

I bought a "H" series gun from him once that he was brokering for some one. I think this Pasadena is probably that other guy's gun also.  He is an interesting guy, mainly into machine guns.  He said he know Kent Lomont well from the Knob Creek shoots.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:28am
WOW, not bad for a used gun,,,

If this is the new current standard pricing, I guess I just became a wealthy man,,,  Wink 

Who was that masked man,,,
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:52am
It's worth what he gets for it OR what you are willing to pay for it. Market price lately has been way down. I've seen stuff going 1800-3800 depending on condition and what comes with it.

Some people take pictures of their stuff, sell it off at low market prices and still regret it. They continue to kick them self and just have photos of what could have been.

That's why informed sellers always start HIGH, then come down. Remember, you can't ask for more once the auction ends, lol. 
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:31am
Why sell what you can keep forever!

Still have my first pistol and rifle!!!

We spend a lot of time on this site discussing value and worth, but in the end there is no reliable way to put a price on any Auto Mag.  There are those folks who seem to always find a super low price, those who seem to be able to sell their items for beyond top dollar, there are the people who will pay any price to get what they want, and the never ending con men working their scams (not unique to Auto Mags) 

Pay what you want, sell for what you want, just pray you don't stung by the creepy crawlies who are just here to make a buck off you.  Exclamation 

Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 8:58am
YES.

If you have the money and you're willing to pay for it, you want it now etc.

Just remember, those are the kind of things no one NEED, just WANT to have. In that case there is no price to tag it...

I always find it funny that people need to ask the World-Wide-Web if they did "good" to buy/sell whatever they have done.
Looks like no one can make their own decisions those days...

omie01 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 12:56pm
I didn't mean to stir anything up. I have never seen a price that high on an AM that wasn't some kind of note worthy or belonged to a legendary person. That being said: pay what your willing, Lord knows I did!! NO REGRETS!Wink
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by XP001 XP001 wrote:

It's worth what he gets for it OR what you are willing to pay for it. Market price lately has been way down. I've seen stuff going 1800-3800 depending on condition and what comes with it.

Some people take pictures of their stuff, sell it off at low market prices and still regret it. They continue to kick them self and just have photos of what could have been.

That's why informed sellers always start HIGH, then come down. Remember, you can't ask for more once the auction ends, lol. 

XP001 is correct I think on higher end pieces.  Start out high and see what pops up.  Take offers off line and auction it that way.  If you can't get what you feel it may bring in the future, put it back in the safe.

One thing I think is wrong is leaving up at a high price for months at a time, turns buyers off and they will just ignore it.   JMO

Take a look at the other stuff the seller has listed, this is small potatoes.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Luc V. Luc V. wrote:

YES.

If you have the money and you're willing to pay for it, you want it now etc.

Just remember, those are the kind of things no one NEED, just WANT to have. In that case there is no price to tag it...

I always find it funny that people need to ask the World-Wide-Web if they did "good" to buy/sell whatever they have done.
Looks like no one can make their own decisions those days...

Very well stated!

gh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>