FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$6000 dollar auto mag?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $6000 dollar auto mag?
    Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 5:28am
$3500.00 is the most I have ever seen one sell for, so $6k seems way high to me.

But given that we now have people selling grilled cheese sandwiches on ebay because they see jesus image on the burned side, I am not going to say it can't happen. 

On second thought, I am willing to bet if you get someone to write the great line of BS about how it was once held by John Waynes pool boy or that Wayne Newtons driver carried it while off duty or machine off the serial number and replace it with HS#x or something like that and then wash it through the right "broker" and I'm sure someone will be interested even at $6k.

The concept of a Pasadena selling for more than $6000.00 is almost as crazy to me as saying a "C" gun is worth more than a Pasadena,,,

Oh, did I say that,,, Dead   YUP, I sure did!  Wink 

Who was that masked man,,,
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 4:45am
You guys can talk about "what someone will pay" until you are blue in the face.
The question was...."are THEY going that high".  The answer is that Pasedena guns in that S/N  range almost never , if ever, sell for $6,000+ and you all know that.  So stop the BS.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Luc V. Luc V. wrote:

On a side note, that saying "making money" is a typical american phrase.
Overhere we say Earning money,(sort of deserve it) That makes a difference...

Making money (printing) here is illegal.

Luc printing money is not illegal here, our Government does it all the time.  Just about any time they have a need we run off a new batch.  We never worry about running out of money in the US, we can print all we need at any time, and we do!!!  We never worry if its backed by gold or anything, we just print what we need when we need it, its actually quite easy once you get past any expectation of a dollar actually being worth anything.  Embarrassed 
tgt40 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgt40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:52am
Like it or not, believe it or not, VALUE it or not Auto Mags are collectable, like Ferraris...okay maybe not like Ferraris, but you get my drift.  Prices are going up, there's no doubt.  What these things and their associated paraphernalia is 'worth' is subjective.  Pay what you can stomach, then just a titch more :)

I for one am no millionaire collector but I'll tell you that my eye remains open for stuff and around here that 'stuff' is hard to find.  At the end of the day it's more than a firearm, it's a hobby, and I love it!
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:44am
I agree, $6000.00 is high for an AutoMag like that. I paid $2000.00 for my first Pasadena and $1500.00 for my second and both are outstanding in appearance and function. I also have 2 Baby AutoMag pistols, one was $1000.00 and the other I lucked onto for $500.00, again both are outstanding!!

I am not trying to stir the pot with anyone on this forum but why is it that a few here are so concerned as to what a person sells or lists something for?

It amazes me that some people pay $2000.00 or more for an AutoMag and then gripe about a magazine, AutoMag case or a part in the $100.00 and up price range. Kind of like putting a $2000.00 AutoMag, 1911 or what ever else in let's just say a $5.00 nylon holster, I know that it will work but why!!

OK, this is not aimed at anyone just had to get it off my chest!!
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
Rocketthon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketthon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 7:34pm
My AM and accessories have kind of happened, right place at the right time, and got them reasonable. This does not always happen but being ready to move when the time is right has always be my operation. Look around and be prepared to move on something (I would have liked to have moved on that recent Covina 10.5 inch 357 on GB) but also be prepared to just walk away, sometimes that is the hardest thing to do with a "want".

A whole topic could be written and commented on the term "want", let's just say that a lot of men have a real hard time with the term and walking away is not easy.
When you are up to your neck in alligators it is hard to remember your original intention was to drain the swamp
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 5:44pm
Yes Omie, keep posting here, you're not stiring anything. My comments where just my 2ct and I was speaking "in general" about the internet.
It's not just about guns.

To me, this site is for everybody which has an intrest in Auomag's.
If someone wants to use his post to "make money", hey why not...
at the end it's always the BUYER that makes a deal for real, not the seller!

On a side note, that saying "making money" is a typical american phrase.
Overhere we say Earning money,(sort of deserve it) That makes a difference...

Making money (printing) here is illegal.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by omie01 omie01 wrote:

I didn't mean to stir anything up. I have never seen a price that high on an AM that wasn't some kind of note worthy or belonged to a legendary person. That being said: pay what your willing, Lord knows I did!! NO REGRETS!Wink

You are not stiring anything, just opening a discussion.  So long as it doesn't get personal, thats what sites like this are for.

I for one welcome your discussion, and like you I have paid what I though was crazy high prices for some items (like my 357 Pasadena Bbl,,, OUCH)  but I did not whine about it, and I did not try to convince anyone that that is was "worth" it, or then try in a short period to resell it for triple or more what I paid for it by washing it through some broker and blog on the back-end how everyone should be happy to be able to bid in such a piece.  Thats what many here get worked up over. 

Honest buying and selling at any price is the business of the buyer and seller, its the marketing games that some play that ruins sites like this for the rest.  Too many are only here for profit and dont have any interest in Auto Mags beyond their personal profit.  And I guess thats ok, but be honest about it. 

And with that I have probably said more than enough.

Keep posting Omie, you are valued honest member here and an asset to this site.

GH
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Luc V. Luc V. wrote:

YES.

If you have the money and you're willing to pay for it, you want it now etc.

Just remember, those are the kind of things no one NEED, just WANT to have. In that case there is no price to tag it...

I always find it funny that people need to ask the World-Wide-Web if they did "good" to buy/sell whatever they have done.
Looks like no one can make their own decisions those days...

Very well stated!

gh
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by XP001 XP001 wrote:

It's worth what he gets for it OR what you are willing to pay for it. Market price lately has been way down. I've seen stuff going 1800-3800 depending on condition and what comes with it.

Some people take pictures of their stuff, sell it off at low market prices and still regret it. They continue to kick them self and just have photos of what could have been.

That's why informed sellers always start HIGH, then come down. Remember, you can't ask for more once the auction ends, lol. 

XP001 is correct I think on higher end pieces.  Start out high and see what pops up.  Take offers off line and auction it that way.  If you can't get what you feel it may bring in the future, put it back in the safe.

One thing I think is wrong is leaving up at a high price for months at a time, turns buyers off and they will just ignore it.   JMO

Take a look at the other stuff the seller has listed, this is small potatoes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>