AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Mag Owners, Do You Own Any Wildeys ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Mag Owners, Do You Own Any Wildeys ?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 8:34pm
Just curious if any ouf you guys enjoy the Wildeys as well.  Whether it be .475, 45 Winnie, 44Amp. or other.

Do you plan on getting one?

I have a 45 Winnie converted to single action and .475 stock double action.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm
I have a Wildey in 44 AMP and I guess it is OK.  It sure isn't an Auto Mag though.
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 9:14pm
I have a wildey in 45 WinMag, but it's not one to enjoy...
Stormy View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 5:00pm

I agree, it's just not the same.  

I't's almost like comparing a Glock to a ( insert pistol)....Stern Smile
guppypuppy2 View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guppypuppy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 4:08am
I have a 44 automag wildey. I love it. Yes i totaly love my automag. But the wildey is built a little better inside. Like max mentioned. The ideas he had back when to make the automag a better functioning gun. That they didnt give him time to do. wildey and others picked up on and did. The grip is a little fat for my hands. The amt fits me better. But the wildey is a pretty good gun. But actualy both of these guns are high mantaniance hobby guns.
Stormy View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 7:41am
I think you nailed it Guppy.

The Auto Mag has the Sex Appeal hands down.  And as you said, a better fit.   

The Wildey feels like a Glock in my hand.
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by guppypuppy2 guppypuppy2 wrote:

I have a 44 automag wildey. I love it. Yes i totaly love my automag. But the wildey is built a little better inside. Like max mentioned. The ideas he had back when to make the automag a better functioning gun. That they didnt give him time to do. wildey and others picked up on and did. The grip is a little fat for my hands. The amt fits me better. But the wildey is a pretty good gun. But actualy both of these guns are high mantaniance hobby guns.

I completely disagree with your opinion. (nothing personal)
Wildey built better inside? it has a lousy triggerpull with lo..ots of overtravel, the double action mode is well,... let's say  at least double the action to pull the trigger or triple or...
Better function gun...hmm, not mine...
The grip not only feels like a block of concrete, (my glock 20 feels like a slimline compared) and if you shoot the wildey (for more than a couple of rounds) you will have at least a painfull hand.
Wildey a pretty good gun?, well if you ain't to critical maybe.
But I'm glad you like yours.

Just my 2cts.Ouch

Stormy View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 4:01am
I have no idea who did my single action conversion on my 45 Win Mag, but it is really sweet.  I bought it already set up that way.  

And yes, comparing that or the AM to my 475 DA trigger, the 475 does suck relatively speaking.  However, on it's own merits, it is not too bad.
ProTourAero View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProTourAero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 12:17pm
I also have a Wildey in .45 Win Mag.
Mike McKinney
Chesterton, IN
protouraero@comcast.net
www.premierpistol.com
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 4:34pm
is that the compact version? Those mags are for another gun right? You can't fit those fat short mags into that long skinny handgrip, no way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>