AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Membership is back up and running, sorry about the delay for any new mwmbers.

AMMO cost

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMMO cost
    Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:02pm
What is a new box of .44 Auto Mag worth now a days? Saw a guy asking $90 for 45 rounds but had someone else reply people have gotten $8 a round for them.  Guess it is whatever people are willing to pay but  there is nothing out there to compare with.
uploads/663/.44_auto_mag_ammo_box.jpg
omie01 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:14pm
Cor-Bon is the only manufacturer making any ammo now days, but I'm not even sure they are still making it? I have found misc. boxes of Cor-Bon here and there for around $30- $40 for a box of 20 rounds. But yes, pretty much what someone is willing to pay!
Ginsaw View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:19pm
That's a box of Norma in your link. It's a collectible. I'd rate that differently from, say, a new box of Cor-Bon which is more available and I think worth only what C-B's current pricing is. They still have it listed for sale at about $35 per box.

Cor-Bon is, as Omie said, the only "new" AM ammo out there. The other main one is the out of production CDM. But there's a good bit of it available, so it has some collector value too but not as much as Norma. Supply and demand in other words. There're also another couple or so old brands too.

Super-Vel I believe, but Lee could weigh in on that. And Sandia and Lomont.

There's even some rare OWS Auto Mag ammo - Old West Scrounger. I have a box. I've seen it on GB go for almost 3 x what I paid. Real colorful graphics on the box. It's a novelty with only "cowboy" ballistics.

turbojay View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:31pm
So $60-$75 for a box of 50 isn't bad then: guess I've paid $35 for a box of 20 .50AE for my DE and that comes out to more. What would be a fair mark-up on a box of Norma since it's a collectable like you said: 20-30%?
Ginsaw View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ginsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:35pm
There's no way to answer that. It's what a willing buyer will pay and that changes constantly. The best answer is to research it on GB. The ammo comes up every now and then. And you'll find discrepancies in sale prices. Personally however, I've never owned any Norma AM ammo.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 12:29pm
Here is an auction that has been running on GunBroker for a while.  I know nothing about the compamy or their products.

Has anyone tried them?

usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 3:32pm
Yes!!!  The owner's name is Robert & you will have no problem at all with any of his ammo.  He will load just about what ever you want ie powder/bullet.  His biggest problem right now is getting components.  Brass for the Auto Mag for one!!! As his last 100 he had to get from me.  If you have your own Brass it will bring the cost down.  He is meticulious at his job.  His wife hands weighs every charge.  I trust his ammo in all my guns.  Fact is I have 4 test rounds to fire this weekend for him.  2 rounds loaded to norma original loads, and 2 rounds with true blue with Luc's data.  Just to see if it functions my gun.  After that I'll have him do 50 more for the crony!!  If you need his number just go to his web site: http://americancustom.tripod.com/  but know this he likes to talk ammunition!!!   If you have some uniuqe ammo you need loaded, he most likely can do it!!!!  Hope this helps..
If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 5:49pm
Hi Larry, I'm curious to see what you think about the load for the TrueBlue.
You made me wonder now, do you know what exactly was in the original load from Norma??

Thanks,
Luc.

usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 9:30pm
I do not know what the original Norma was laoded to or with, but Robert does.  I told hin he sould join the site, that way he can participate and get some answers to questions he has all the time.  Today he wanted to know if there are some who load the 357AMP with a 180gr bullet??   Most of what I hear is the 125gr and the 158gr.  Have not heard too much on the 180gr.  If anyone has any info on that please chime in!!! "Lee"   Hopefully I will get to test fire the rounds tomorrow morning, before the wife goes to bed!!!!Confused
If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
ProTourAero View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProTourAero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 12:54am
I think if you get the ammo for $2.00 per round that's average, and anything less is a pretty good deal.
Mike McKinney
Chesterton, IN
protouraero@comcast.net
www.premierpistol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic