AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Gun Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Magx Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Magx Carbine
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 5:55pm
Hey Max, maybe I missed it but are you taking orders for the new Auto Magx Carbine Kit ?
What is your pricing and do you need a deposit ?  I can't see passing up an opportunity to own this evolved Auto Mag. 
I suspect you have been asked about presentation cases.  What are your thoughts on this ?

Bruce

MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:14am
Hi Bruce, 

I've had quite a response and already a few orders on the carbine package.

I will start working on my next six units sometime next week and I still have a couple of open slots for delivery in about three months.

For those interested, here are the specs and prices:

This should be obvious, but the legal department insists... GUN IS NOT INCLUDED!
This is a self-install assembly and it does NOT require any modifications to your Auto Mag. I will only need your bolt for a few days to headspace the chamber (because I use my own much tighter specs).

The "Package" consists of the following Items:

1. One  complete .44 AMP, 16 1/2" barrel assembly including accelerator and commercial Elliason type rear sights.

2. One  Grip lug as shown in the pictures on my post.

3. One  complete stock assembly with steel trap-door butt-plate that holds a spare magazine and/or other items.

4. One  forend iron

5. One  forend

6. One set of matching grips made from the same blank as the stock and forend. I only use air-dry wood at least six years old.

The price for the entire "Kit" is $4,500.00. If you can furnish an old barrel extension with sights and accelerator, you can deduct $1,000.00 (If you can find one cheap, you can save some money).

I do realize that this is not pocket change... but it takes me over 100 hours to complete each “Kit”.

Anyone interested, contact me at AutoMagx@frontier.com. Don't wait untill you see one for sale in a few years and then cry: "I should have bought one when they were ONLY $4,500.00"

This is what you get:

For the man that has everything, including money to burn... I'm thinking the perfect accessory would be a solid walnut case with true corner dovetails and felt lined batten formed interior. I'll have to figure out a price for that one.

Max

MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 1:40am
I almost forgot.
Here is the logo on my barrel extension

MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 2:25am
Hi Guys,

As I mentioned earlier, I just started working on six carbines. I still have ONE available for delivery this year (Does Christmas sounds good?). I was going to list one on Gunbroker but it appears to be unnecessary! 

Anyone undecided... you'd better jump on it!

Max

7mmMKsuper View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmMKsuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 2:34am
Max,
     Have you determined a price for the Presentation Case?

Thanks,
MK
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 3:31am
Hi Mark,
I do have a very good picture in mind about the case. And no, it will no have any "Rocket Scientist" foam in it (you know, the kind that eats your gun!). I've been looking at hardware and I'm not sure yet which way I want to go. Nevertheless, I'm thinking very traditional visible true dovetails, bronze piano hinge and handle and maybe even corners.
My idea is to have a case that when you first see it and before you open it, you'd expect to see a pair of dueling pistols in it. And then... surpirse!
I will give it some more serious thought and work out a price after I finish the Carbines that I'm working on now.
After all, what good is the best case without a gun in it?
Max
BT Sniper View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BT Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 9:56pm
WOW!!!

I'm seriously considering this!!!!!

Nice work Max
Pontiaker View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pontiaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 9:25pm
Man I would love to have one Max, so very nice. I just cant swing it in this poor economy. Cant wait to see a finished one on the gun and hear back about how cool it is to shoot this thing! Great work Max!
Matt
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:18pm
Hi Matt,

There are several pictures of completed carbines, including a 50 yards group in the Forum under Auto Magx Carbine.

Max

MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 2:33pm
Hi Bruce,

I still have one available of the six that I am making now. As far as laminated blanks, this company has a nice selection. http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Walnut-and-Laminate-Hardwood-Gunstock-Blanks-s/79.htm

I can sell the 16.5" Carbine barrel assemblies for $1,500.00 and shorter ones, 12" or less for $1,400.00.

I will also sell the forend assembly to fit any length barrel for $750.00.

However, I will not sell the stock without the 16.5" barrel.

Max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>