AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Gun Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have automag magazines and ammo for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 11:08pm
Good info for any new potential buyer of an AM. I WILL be buying one in the very near future. I want one that is a good shooter, but original (50/50).

Ric Mutascio View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ric Mutascio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 5:23pm
Lee: You are so right about the original CDM 44 AMP ammo. I bought quite a bit of it back in the mid-1970's (it was about all you could get back then without forming cases, etc.) and found out - the hard way, of course - that it was as you say, pretty useless, unless you wanted to get your Auto Mag dirty and use it as a manually-operated handgun. I still have an original box or two (for the memories, I guess) but all the rest I pulled down and re-assembled using WW296/H110 in the 20-22 grain range. That was pretty tame by Lomont standards but they reliably worked the action, were much cleaner burning, and fed well. After that, I then had empty brass for more fun.
watchin View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 5:13am

So, I bought a 44 Auto Mag (it has a Lee Jurras barrel, 6.5in with vented rib). It is in nice condtion and it came with a box of Norma ammo. There is also some CDM ammo. Since I have been reloading .44magnum for many years I probably will not start out shooting any of the 'collectible' or factory ammo.

One thing I do need is some retaining clips for the safety plate and the trigger pin. While I am hunting down some RCBS dies I will also be looking for any of the small parts.
When I am ready to shoot it I will then decide if the springs have ever been replaced (which I doubt seriously). That will be another project. Wow, that beauty is hard to cock! I will have to do some hand and forearm exercises (it just wouldn't be right to ask the range master to help me cock my pistol). I am stoked about getting some bullets built up now. New dies and components are next on my list of things to do.
It is amazing that this was a hobby of mine when I was very young and now I am coming back into it. I have wanted a full size Auto Mag for many years...I just kind of forgot about it. Big%20smile
-watchin-
m5shooter View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m5shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 2:27am

Just to clarify that I still have some ammo available and also several magazines.

The ammo is actually NORMA 44 Auto Mag. 240 gr. and asking $125 a box plus shipping cost...price is negotiable.
Also 2 blue magazines and 2 stainless magazines, and asking $100 for blue and **SPF** for stainless...price is negotiable.
I am not sure what these are worth in todays market and I don't see these listed for sale anywhere so I can't compare what others have sold for.
PM or Email me.
Stianless mags. are **SPF** blue magazines are still available.
m5shooter View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m5shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 3:26am
Prices dropped on the Norma 44 Automag ammo to $100 a box.
Blue magazines dropped to $75 each.
gjschin View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjschin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 6:40am
Do you still have any .44 Automag magazines for sale?

darrell View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 10:13pm
m5shooter, I'll bite.  What does **SPF** stand for?
darrello
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by darrell darrell wrote:

m5shooter, I'll bite.  What does **SPF** stand for?

SPF= Sold Pending Funds!!
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
darrell View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 11:37pm
Got it, thanks
darrello
watchin View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 9:45pm
Just to add some detail to this classified..when it was current I purchased the remaining magazines and I am not sure if the original poster will ever follow up on the question of remaining magazines.
-watchin-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>