AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Gun Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have automag magazines and ammo for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m5shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have automag magazines and ammo for sale
    Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 4:22am
Hi, my friend recently passed away and we found some 44 AMP factory NORMA ammo as well as some magazines.

The pistols will be listed on GB starting at $1800 each.

The factory ammo will be sold for $125 a box of 50 rds. plus shipping cost.

The magazines will be sold for $100 for blue but I'm not sure if these are for the 44 automag or the 357 because there is no markings on it, are these magazines interchangable between both calibers?
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 2:21pm
Yes, the magazines are interchangeable!!!

"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
bigsleeze View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsleeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 3:26am
m5shooter: I'm trying to find one round of CDM .44 Auto Mag ammo. I have a box of 49 and would like to have a full box.   I have other Auto Mag stuff also if you want to swap for it.   Thanks, John
m5shooter View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m5shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 3:22am
If I have a partial box perhaps I can trade 1 rd. for something.
If thay are all full boxes than I would rather keep them that way and sell them by the full box.
Let me know what you got.
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 3:34am
John, I have a CDM original round going out to you tomorow!!!
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
bigsleeze View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsleeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:27am
John: Thanks a box full. It's the little things like this that make you know that this forum is a safe harbor. Thanks again, John
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 11:02pm
John, you are more than welcome my friend!!! I have been blessed with a tremendous amount of help in the past from members here and if I can pass it on I try to!!!!SmileSmile
watchin View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:02am
So..hypothetically, if I someone wanted to buy a 44 Automag, what are the questions one should be asking? What things should someone look for?
I plan on buying one and I want to know what NOT to end up with.
I will certainly want it to shoot and also to be in excellent shape.
Can anyone mention a few of the pitfalls that I should avoid? I have heard that some Automags are not worth looking at because to get them reliable again would cost more than the asking price.
I am seeing the Gunbroker Automags go for around $2K. Is that a good price for a good 44 caliber automag?
At this point I am not too worried about all the accessories.
I have been reloading ammo and collecting pistols for a quite a few years so I am somewhat familiar with the process.
Thanks in advance.
-watchin-
curmudgeon View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 8:16am
There are several postings on this site as what to look for. Its a buyer beware situationin most cases, as most times the seller doesn't know right from wrong or good from bad. That doesn't make him a bad   guy, just too  few people know too little of what will work and what to fix. Most AM's regardless of caliber have not been shot enough to hurt them, unless maybe a bad heat treated part failed. Nobodys fault...
curmudgeon View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 8:27am
P.S. to above. Why anyone would want collect or buy, much less try to shoot any original CDM ammo is beyond me. Its virtually useless as ammo, CDM didn't like the specs sent to them by someone at the factory so they loaded it to 45ACP ballistics, in most instances wuld not moved the bolt rearward enough to pick a round out of the magazine. This was part ofthe reason for the initial badmouthing of the AM, and none of the writers      knew enough about ammo to basically understand,  fit   and finish of internal parts was the final straw. Eventually decent load data     was published that would function most guns.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>