AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bicentenial Auto Mag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmMKsuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bicentenial Auto Mag
    Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 1:35am
Just saw this and thought I would share, What a beauty!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123995438

What do these usually sell for?
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 1:52am
It is a beautiful Auto Mag and I would have no idea on its value!!!Smile
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
curmudgeon View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 3:08am
There was "The" Bi-Centennial, then the factory, or Larry, made a limited edition as shown above. Never did hear a price.  The original went for 45K last time it moved...
7mmMKsuper View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmMKsuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 3:20am
Lee,
    Was "The" Bi-Centennial in 357 or 44, Same type of presentation case Etc? 
Just curious.

Thanks
MK
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 4:46am
357 Mag, A French fitted belting leather attache case. If you've never seen it you have to be one of the only AM enthusist that haven't. Was featured in several Nat'l Gun Mags, 100 % engraved in Italy, accesories engraved to match, oil bottle ivory handled wrench set.Mag depressor ,African ivory stocks from an Elephant taken by a hunting companion of Fredrich Selous. The stocks were engraved with the seal of the US, the 1776 and 1976 were gold enlayed. Along with the e plurbius unum. A striking piece. Over two years in the making.
jvall1201 View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvall1201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 2:38pm
Now for my 2 cents.  There were only 4 original factory engraved Bi-Centenial Auto-Mags ever made.
They had serial numbers USA-1776, which was the first of the four,& originally owned by Harry. USA-1777,  USA-1975, & USA-1976.  The other ten, which includes USA-200, were made outside the factory by Ed O Neil with Harry's permission. ALL were in .357 AMP.
Ironically, USA-1776 , was meant to be a display gun to promote the sales of the other Bi-Centenials, & was mistakenly sold to a member of the Air Force  by a sporting goods store that will remain un-named in the Los Angeles area. I think the gun Lee was describing was his International Bi-Centenial Serial # LEJ-02.
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:26pm
Yes, the factory guns were made well after my Bi-Centinneal was featured in National magazines...Thats why I refer to it as :The" Bi-Centennial
 Post Reply Post Reply