AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gunbroker listing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketthon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gunbroker listing
    Posted: 26 May 2022 at 2:31pm
There is a listing on Gunbroker that could be good for someone to get into the Automag.  Still has over ten days to go but it looks like one that was cared for.  Only thing I saw in the pictures was some foam dimpling on the frame like many got as the foam was breaking down.  The case looks in great condition.
When you are up to your neck in alligators it is hard to remember your original intention was to drain the swamp
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:09pm
nice looking AM, too bad about the freckles.......whats with the rear site ????????, that's not stock on A or B guns, dont know about C guns
" Right turn Clyde "
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 11:16pm
Toward the end of production Auto Mag sourced rear sights from the famed Gunsmith Austin Behlert, this gun is an example.

The "C" series guns were all solid bolt pistols with cast ribs that were not very attractive.  It was a short run and they used to carry a fairly high Collector Value.

The solid bolts were heat treated carbon steel and were extremely hard.  The locking lugs on the barrel extension were often chipped and ruined by the harden lugs on the bolts.

I have found that the recoil on the solid bolt guns to be noticeably higher that on the standard bolt guns.
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 1:05am
Sold for $3,155.50
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:51pm
I should've went and looked at it.  I was close enough to drive there.   I don't have a "C" model, would have been nice to add to the collection.  
 Post Reply Post Reply