FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTS-RCBS 44 AMP Die Sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTS-RCBS 44 AMP Die Sets
    Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 8:34pm
Paper Puncher,

Thank you and great talking to you the other day!

Anyone else, sets 1-2 will load great ammo! 

FYI-I'm using a cobbled together set on my Dillon 550 I got from Bruce Stark (sizer and seater, with a decapper mounted in the sizer-procured from RCBS), Dillon 44 Mag expander in the powder station and a 44 AMP taper crimp I bought separately at a gunshow.  I've never had the need to change it in 18 years, so I leave them setup and don't mess with it!

I have a few odd and end dies too I'd let go, so if you are just missing one, PM me and we'll see if I have it  

Jason

Paper Puncher View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paper Puncher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:02pm
Jason-

Set 3 arrived safe and sound this afternoon.

Thanks for the quick shipping!

John
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 8:16pm
Sets 1 and 2 still available.

Sets 3 and 4 sold.

Jason
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 10:28pm
So sets 1-3 are still available for anyone needing loading dies.

Jason
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 4:02pm
Everyone,

Been doing some organizing and cleaning and have come up with some spare 44 AMP RCBS Die Sets.  I know people are looking for dies, so here is your chance.  There have been some stupid prices in my opinion on Ebay recently.  I feel these are very fair for the market right now, so please limit your purchase to one set so others that need a set can get one.  I think I have a 44 AMP case forming set I'd sell too, but didn't dig it out as there is usually little interest with Starline Brass being available.

All are Complete 1970's style with 4 Dies.  All have the older RCBS box with the fiddly little clasp that easily breaks.  All the hinges are also somewhat worn as well due to age:

Die #1 Sizer
Die #2 Expander and Decapper
Die #3 Seater
Die #4 Taper Crimp

To use them in a Progressive Press press where you need to decap in the size die, you need to contact RCBS and get a decapper assembly for Die #1 (RCBS part number 09617).

Here is an overall picture:

Set 1-This set has date codes of 1975, the clasp is starting to tear on the box, and there is no label. Missing instruction manual. $150.

Set 2-This set has date codes of 1974, the box has a correct 44 Auto Mag label, but label is degrading.  Plier marks on one locking ring. Missing instruction manual. $150.

SOLD!!!-PAID and SHIPPED Set 3-This set has date codes of 1973, the box is incorrect, but this appears to be a slightly nicer set than the two above. Missing instruction manual. $175.

SOLD!!!-PAID and SHIPPED Set 4-This set has date codes of 1977, the box is correct with label intact, has the instruction manual, and looks practically new or used very lightly, rarely found in this condition.  $225.

All Prices include shipping via USPS Flat Rate with insurance in a small flat rate box.  Delivery only to the 50 United States.  No shipments outside of US.

Payment will be accepted via United States Postal Service Money Order or Paypal Friends and Family only.  No other payment methods accepted (ie, no chickens, eggs, wives, ex-wives, etc.).  Email me at jw4570$verizon.net.  Replace the "$" with "@"

Jason
 Post Reply Post Reply