AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Gun Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

357 and 44 AMP ammo for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 357 and 44 AMP ammo for sale
    Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:27pm
Found some ammo and Automag accessories in la recent move...no longer have the guns for which it fits.

6 factory boxes in good condition of CDM 44AMP (240 grain hollow point)
1 factory box in fair to poor condition of CDM 44AMP (240 grain hollow point)
1 MTM plastic box of new CDM 44AMP (240 grain hollow point)
1 box of NORMA once fired 44 brass with 7 rounds still un-fired (240 grain soft point)
1 box of  Super Vel .357 Automag with 45 rounds (3 fired brass, plus two rounds with split necks)
1 MTM plastic box .357 once fired brass (7 rounds are remaining hand loads, un-fired)
1 each plastic pistol box with good AMT logo label
1 each Automag factory shooter's manual, model 180, May 1971

$1,000 for everything, prefer not to separate, but make an offer.

Chuck

chuck v View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 9:26pm
I will try to post some pictures... I am new here so let's see how well I do.

No success...these re JPEG images, but I guess I will rereead the FAQ again...

Chuck

chuck v View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 6:15pm
one more try at posting pictures -- these have been resized to be much smaller...
not sure why the scale seems off.

Let me know if the price is out of line, and what is considered more reasonable.

Chuck

Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:28am
I don't believe that your price is too far off "reasonable".

The original 44AMP by CDM has historically been right around $90 - $100 per box.

As for the 357AMP loads, those should be considered "component only" as anyone who buys it would completely tear it down, resize it, and reload it to their own specs. Realistically, not as much as you'd think.

The way things are right now (all the "panic" buying/selling), if no bites here,  I'd post them on GunBroker.

Welcome to the forum.  Smile
If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
chuck v View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 3:26am
Thanks for the welcome, and I agree with the hand loads of the 357 AMP getting pulled down and recycled -- but the yellow box is factory Super Vel loads by Lee Jurras.  Maybe those are also collectable and should not be shot...??  Not aware if that makes the value go up or down.

Given your $90 to $100 per box of CDM ( and forgoing any value to the lack of a box on the eighth container of it in the one rear green MTM box...) that comes to $720 to $800. 

Maybe an asking price of $750 for the entire lot is more appropriate.  I have been out of the Automag scene for some number of decades now since I sold my guns in the mid '90s and just don't have a good feel for values.  Since I am in my later 70s now I will not be getting another AM pistol. 

Chuck
SnidelyWhiplash View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnidelyWhiplash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:56pm
Is any of the .44 AMP ammunition till available?  
Rogue, raconteur and general pain in the ass.
 Post Reply Post Reply