AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The New Automag Part 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 32>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:19am
Lee Jurras posted (here in the forum) that the CDM ammo was not loaded correctly at the factory.  I believe he mentioned that it was loaded closer to 45ACP specs. (I cannot find the thread or I would post the link).

When he posted that, that got me thinking about why "back in the day" so many people had feeding issues with the 44 Auto Mag. I am guessing that it was under loaded for a 44 magnum semi auto.

I believe someone posted that SBR has a proper load for the 44AMP.  

The 44AMP offered by Norma & Corbon are considered "hot" loads.
If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
chuck v View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 3:49am
My experience with the NORMA loads is that they are stout but not overly hot -- will try to post a picture of some once fired brass that shows the primers to be undistorted and no evidence of excessive pressures...

TonyRumore View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyRumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:36pm
According to Lee Juras, there was no one on this earth that was able to develop a good 44 AMP load, other than himself.

Tony

jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:33pm
If you search the archives here, You will find where I posted chrono results for CDM, Norma, Cor-Bon, and SBR over the years.  All from a 6.5" barrel (and in some cases other barrels too)
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:42pm
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 11:16pm
FYI, Patrick just posted an update on the Auto Mag corporate forum….
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 3:27am
Mike....How about a link to the article.  All I can find is some my pillow Auto Mag site.
I'm sure it would be ok to post Patrick's update here.  I just hope he is ok.
An armed society is a polite society.
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:29am
Bruce,

I have posted some of Patrick’s updates here in the past and it infuriates him. He has repeatedly asked me to go back and delete them. He told me he is trying to force people to the Auto Mag website and away from this thread, so he can control the flow of information. 

So now I just tell people when he has new info there.  Here is the latest on the now-20-page thread:

Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:10am

1-     1- The AUTO MAG community is a very small world on the internet, so any information posted is good no   matter where we can read it. (most active users online worldwide was 520😊)

2-     2- No one need to delete his posts, on THIS AMTguns forum we encourage the freedom of speech with respect to copyrighted content and personal respect.

3-     3- If Patrick wants to generate more traffic to his site, he is welcome to post a link here, both Patrick and Rob have an active account on this site.

4-     4- I wish the new AUTO MAG company the best of luck and great sales, and look foreward to the day the guns become available overhere.

5-     5- Keep writing about the AUTO MAG’s and AMT’s or whatever related, testing, shooting, cleaning, polishing or rubbing them, any read is good read!        

ThaThanks for any info posted.

AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 11:54pm
For fun (and cost/availability), I've been playing with a few different cast bullets to see what works - some are too long for the magazine (eg. RN style), but I found a RNFP bullet recently that seems to work well. It's roughly the same OAL as my usual XTP bullet:

Testing showed that it fed reliably and (surprisingly) didn't lead even in its native, commercial form - but I wanted to powdercoat/size the bullet anyway so I melted the lube off, PC'd and sized to .430":

Loaded ammo with powdercoated bullets (1.590" COAL):

My intent is to find the right bullet and then have a mold made so I can experiment with my own alloys and sizing - I'll likely go gas-checks, too.

Some rapid-fire - I was pleased that the pistol/mag and my lead handloads worked pretty well (other than the last case bouncing back into the ejection-port):

Still, I need to work on recoil-control - that muzzle was wobbling all over the place as if I'm a l'il bitch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 32>