AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The New Automag Part 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Automag Part 3
    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:14am
I am anxiously awaiting my Classic and I wanted to read more about others getting and sharing their new guns. In the spirit of the new and following a suggestion from part 2  let’s kick off part 3! I can start with I have a rap around grip, Safari Land 101 LH and 100 rounds. Looking forward to parring them all up together!
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 1:04pm
I can start this off with some bad news.

A friend of mine received his Founder's Edition on Monday and it came in with some damage, I do not know the extent of it.

The guns were shipped in the wooden case and double boxed in heavy cardboard boxes.  I felt mine were packed very well.  Apparently the package was dropped hard enough to break open the wooden case and some damage was incurred.  That is all I know.
Flatlander View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm
This is horrible. I’m betting on the Automag  team making it right for him. Beemer please keep us up-to-date
TankMan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TankMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:26pm
I know some folks will get miffed (or worse) at this but I have quite a bit of experience with how
things get packed and what works and what doesn't, I've received relatively fragile, very heavy  models from all over the world during my hobby 'career'. I've seen everything from expertly made wooden packing cases with superb internal packing with restraints to flimsy cardboard boxes with soiled bed pillows as packing....

With shipping, any service's employees are not your goods' friends, there's always the unexpected, rough, nearly destructive handling is NOT the exception and the only indication that something was packed correctly for the journey is if it arrives on the other end intact.

I've seen $4,000+ models that started out pristine only to arrive as a ersatz 'kit' on the other end....

Always 'over pack'.

Jerry
CE-1 View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CE-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:08pm
A custom gun builder from the Guild once told me of the big three, he only uses USPS.  Said over the years, he has received fewer damaged stocks and firearms when they were used.  I've kept that in mind over the years and have not had any issues with damage.  All firearms should be packaged like they were a carton of eggs. LOL  
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:27pm
Its a heavy gun and given the way I have seen some delivery drivers throw packages around in their trucks and when delivering to the front door, I am not at all surprised by anything I hear about shipping damage.

Unfortunate kick off to say the least.

Who was that masked man,,,
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:57pm
The gun should not be shipped in the presentation case. It’s just a display case. The gun should be shipped in a hard plastic, foam-lined gun shipping box with the presentation case alongside. 
Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Pantera Mike Pantera Mike wrote:

The gun should not be shipped in the presentation case. It’s just a display case. The gun should be shipped in a hard plastic, foam-lined gun shipping box with the presentation case alongside. 

Agreed!

Every firearm that I have ever shipped, I have informed the buyer that there will be 2 packages.  One is the case, manual, paperwork, mags, etc.  The other package will be the firearm itself.

The firearm is always wrapped in [clean] cloth of some sort, then overly wrapped with bubble wrap.

I also give two options.

1. Send the case, manual, paperwork, etc. directly to them, and the firearm to the FFL.

2. Send both packages to the FFL.

I HATE receiving a firearm that has been poorly packed and then bounced around inside the case.

I hope that Beemers friend was just a one-time incident.

If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Luvz2Shoot Luvz2Shoot wrote:

Originally posted by Pantera Mike Pantera Mike wrote:

Agreed!

Every firearm that I have ever shipped, I have informed the buyer that there will be 2 packages.  One is the case, manual, paperwork, mags, etc.  The other package will be the firearm itself.

The firearm is always wrapped in [clean] cloth of some sort, then overly wrapped with bubble wrap.

I also give two options.

1. Send the case, manual, paperwork, etc. directly to them, and the firearm to the FFL.

2. Send both packages to the FFL.

I HATE receiving a firearm that has been poorly packed and then bounced around inside the case.

I hope that Beemers friend was just a one-time incident.

Well said.

Hope the damage was very superficial,,, Hate to hear of a pretty polished gun damaged before it even gets to the buyer, thats got to be the worst,,,

Who was that masked man,,,
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:13pm
delete
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>