FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The New Automag Part 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Automag Part 3
    Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 2:53pm
As long as we don't see "Shrinkflation" Confused

Originally posted by AMT addict AMT addict wrote:

Bidenomics at work. Inflate prices, collect more tax. You get less for your money and the government gets more.
AMT addict View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMT addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 4:16pm
Bidenomics at work. Inflate prices, collect more tax. You get less for your money and the government gets more.
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 12:27am
Wowza Shocked
GBertolet View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBertolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 10:00pm
Anyone check out the new prices lately? A new 8.5" high polish Automag is now $4895. Up almost 1K.
Mtn_Eagle View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mtn_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 3:40pm
For those following the saga, several guns were shipped as production ramped back up, followed by a pause. Apparently Rob was sick, but is back on the job. I called today to ask some questions about the store that was back online. The woman manning the phone told me they shipped four guns yesterday. Good news.

Regarding the store, we are seeing progress there as well. You can follow the links to the store and it is a completely new format. You can add parts to your cart And check out, but our old accounts have not yet been established, and they are not actually shipping parts or ready to take online payments. I completed an order and was sent an email that stated I needed to do a bank wire transfer to complete the transaction. When I called auto mag, I was told not to do this yet. The order will exist, and Rob or someone else will let me know when the parts I ordered are available and update me on how they are accepting payment. I was told they are working on transferring our old accounts into the new system and they hope they will be available to review previous orders and place new orders soon. They don’t want to sell parts and not be able to build guns, which makes perfect sense.  Hopefully, there will be a complete list of compatible parts between old and new guns. If parts are easily Available and have compatibility, it will likely change a lot of peoples approach towards bringing their auto mags to the range more often.
bbqncigars View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbqncigars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:07am
I'll have to poke Rob about a second magazine.  All of my original mags work in the new gun with the same loads the original gets.
GBertolet View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBertolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 7:27pm
I ordered the G10 grips, but the gun came with the wood ones. I called Rob, and he just sent me a pair of G10 ones. He said there was some confusion by the assemblers, on what guns got what. I got my presentation case, right when I ordered the gun in 2020. It was sitting under my workbench for 3 years.
Jfleisher64 View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jfleisher64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 6:18pm
I received 2x magazines with mine. I am still waiting on the wood grips, and the presentation case.
GBertolet View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBertolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 5:28pm
JFleisher64, did Rob send you two magazines, with your Automag? I received mine a month earlier, with only one magazine. Rob said they have a shortage of magazines, and were only sending one with each gun, until the supply catches up with demand. I am still waiting on my second magazine.
Littlefieldk View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlefieldk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 12:49am
Interesting, while I’m surprised, I don’t doubt your experience, and I don't have a 357 Automag, so I can’t comment on that at all. 

I actually shoot my North Hollywood more than the 180-D and I have been using it with the new mags most of the time.  

I also did limited testing of the original mags in the 180-D, and I didn’t have a problem, but I also don’t see any reason to be using 50 year old mags that are difficult to replace.   

I shoot 50-100 rounds of 44 Automag a month, so in my sample of two pistols, I have a pretty good feel for how they work. 

As for the triple K.  I bought one for testing, it didn’t work as delivered, but has been running fine with the Wolff spring replacement. 

For what it is worth, my load is more than a 100 FPS slower than current SBR load, and finding a milder load that was 100% reliable took a lot of testing. I was looking for a 1250 fps load for long life, but I couldn’t get 100% reliability there.   But the reliability problems were not magazine related. 

Having said all that, I will order some more new mags if they ever open the store again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>