AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Photo's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Day 1 Auto Mags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Day 1 Auto Mags
    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 10:44pm
Here is a picture of Serial Numbers A00043 and A00044.  These were both made on the first day of production for Auto Mag Corp.  They were produced for the same buyer and he waited about 18 months for them.

The bottom one is factory engraved and both are roll marked instead of the normal stenciling.  The receivers proved to be too hard to roll mark and the die quickly broke.  There are less than ten roll marked AMP's I've been tpold.

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 10:56pm
This pistol was engraved after the heat treat and it was very hard to do and hard on tooling.  It is the only one done that way.

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 10:57pm
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 10:59pm
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:00pm
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:04am
Benny123 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:20am
Very nice
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:01pm
Was this the one Jim Herringshaw had may years ago?

Who was that masked man,,,
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:30pm
No, they both were owned by an Executive at Ingersoll Rand.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 7:26pm
Long ago Jim Herringshaw had one of the fully engraved Auto Mags from original batch, somewhere I have pictures he sent me, then I believe Jim V bought it and what I found interesting was Jims description of the engraving as being "sharp" it was almost a disappointed sort of comment.

I have never held one of the factory engraved Auto Mags, so I cant still fully understand that comment, but I do remember think just how beautiful they looked in the pictures Jim H sent me.

At the time I was interested, but the $10 or $12k asking price was more than I could justify at that time. Cant imagine what they are worth today,,,
Who was that masked man,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>