AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AMT Lightning Plastic Model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMT Lightning Plastic Model
    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:38pm
Anyone know if there was ever a plastic model or airsoft version of an AMT Lightning pistol???

Thanks

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:50pm
Or an airsoft or plastic model of a Ruger MK II pistol???

I would like to mock up a modified toy before trying it on the real thing and get the feel of it.

Thanks
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

Or an airsoft or plastic model of a Ruger MK II pistol???

I would like to mock up a modified toy before trying it on the real thing and get the feel of it.

Thanks

It would be very cool to 3D scan a real unit & 3D print one, of all separate parts & put it together.......
like a plastic model ....
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 3:02pm
That may be my next step.

We have an inexpensive da Vinci at home.
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 7:21am
I constantly search Ebay for toys like that and have never seen one. Crossman made copy of Automag II as a BBgun, but thats as close as I've found. If you look in "photos" for AMP toys you can see some of what I've found, but no Lightnings.
Love the 3-D idea...if it works, I'd buy one from you ;)
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 3:03pm
I found an airsoft version of a Ruger MK II on one of the airsoft site and and ordered it for my project, but then also found some 3D plans online that lets you make each major part and then assemble it all.  I think this could be just what I need for the for my projects(s). If it works out Ill keep you posted.

I have a low end 3D single color printer (XYZ - Da Vinci) so currently I am limited to a small size print job, but if the scaled down versions work, I would be willing to buy a bigger printer.

Its a back burner project so it will be a while before I get that far.

Thanks

GH
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

I found an airsoft version of a Ruger MK II on one of the airsoft site and and ordered it for my project, but then also found some 3D plans online that lets you make each major part and then assemble it all.  I think this could be just what I need for the for my projects(s). If it works out Ill keep you posted.

I have a low end 3D single color printer (XYZ - Da Vinci) so currently I am limited to a small size print job, but if the scaled down versions work, I would be willing to buy a bigger printer.

Its a back burner project so it will be a while before I get that far.

Thanks

GH

This is bitchen news George Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply