AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AMP sights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:19am
Mike

Only way is to find out whats wrong is have a gun smith or machinist check it with the correct tools and expertise.
Just wondering........ after seeing the rear sight might have been installed wrong or worse the barrel is twisted do you still think that barrel was worth the $1500.00 you paid Ermm 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:08pm
As long as you hold the gun the same and maintain the same sight picture from shot to shot, the cant makes no difference.

The problem is maintaining the same sight picture and the canted sight makes that harder.  I used to shoot a lot of precision rifle and gun cant came right after wind as my biggest enemy.

Is the front sight mounted right in line with the rear or is there a twist?
TankMan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TankMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 2:33am
At least it's not these:

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 4:47am
Are you Fing kidding me.........god I wanted to make a joke about this but that would do more than ruffle some feathers 
Only in downtown NYC, LA and maybe Chicago.....yo yo yo..... my ass  LOL
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 6:42am
Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

As long as you hold the gun the same and maintain the same sight picture from shot to shot, the cant makes no difference.

The problem is maintaining the same sight picture and the canted sight makes that harder.  I used to shoot a lot of precision rifle and gun cant came right after wind as my biggest enemy.

Is the front sight mounted right in line with the rear or is there a twist?

The front sight is perfectly centered and perpendicular to the frame. The rear sight droops slightly to the left. 

It’s impossible to notice just admiring the gun. Only when aiming does it become apparent something is odd, and it takes some study to realize what the exact nature of the problem is. 

I will shot more photos tomorrow.....
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 2:37pm
Kent Lomont used to have a similar ad that he would send out.  Pretty funny. Clap

I asked a guy at a gun-show what the advantage is, with this side type shooting,
as opposed to shooting a handgun correctly.

He said it kept the spent shells in the immediate area for easy recovery before
fleeing the scene of the crime. 

I recently heard an anti-gunner refer to a revolver as a "cowards gun".  This is because
the shooter sneaks off with the spent brass thereby handicapping the paramedics
and emergency responders by them not knowing what the victim was shot with. 

Cheers.....Bruce Stark
Originally posted by TankMan TankMan wrote:

At least it's not these:

An armed society is a polite society.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 2:49pm
A tutorial on the proper "Gangsta Style"shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzx_3Uyo1PE
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 4:28pm
Bob
Now that was funny......................................... 
Two guys grabbing there sweets with one hand and shooting there pistols with the other while trying there best in speaking  Ebonics, only things missing was them doing it in black face. 
Whats odd is it takes me two hands to wash my sweets in the shower so they must be experts if they can do it with one LOL
" Right turn Clyde "
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:08am
As promised, more photos showing the issue with this particular barrel:

The lines between the tiles give a very rough guide and show the sight tilted slightly to the left.

The bubble glass parallels the top of the sight (front of the barrel facing camera) and both the rib and the sight are here tilted to the right. The surface they are resting on measures dead level.

It is pretty clearly a manufacturing defect from new. The rib isn’t quite level atop the receiver, and the sight is perfectly mounted to the rib, so it isn’t level either.  I’d say there is no fixing it.  Fortunately it shoots just fine.

I wonder how many others are like this to one degree or another, and owners just haven’t noticed?  Has anybody else ever encountered this issue?

FWIW both my 6.5-inch barrels are perfect, measured in the same manner in the same place. 

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 3:17pm
I have not noticed any canting on my AMP stuff but I probably would not notice it on any of the stuff I do not shoot.

Smith and Wesson is currently sending  out revolvers with the barrels not timed right quite often from what is said on their forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>