AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

357 AMP 6.5-inch vent rib barrel on EBay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 7:17am
I'll say it again, one bad Apple doesn't make sense to make it's own sub forum. Everybody knew/knows about Matts issues before this sale and we all are grown adults and should know to ask a lot of questions and always ask for pictures of all sides BEFORE bidding. Most will also honor return or reduce price if you discuss it properly and not go yelling on public boards and calling names and such.
I think it's great golden is showing this and getting it back into shape. Can't wait for more pictures. I don't know much about AutoMags and sold mine off so can't reference them. Is that blade sitting properly in the channel? If shows a small block that fits into the channel and isn't in there squarely. Not sure if it normally has space between the blade block and channel, maybe it got pulled outward, which would then tilt that blade forward. Whatcha think?
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 3:17pm
I got up early to do a little polishing of those dents & dings before the wifey wakes up , still some imperfections as you can see so when time permits & no one is looking over my shoulder ....Wink  
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 5:34pm
Golden
Looks like you did a great removing the dings, cant wait till your all done to see the final results

XP001
Guess you didn't realize something, you may know all about Matt'e issues but the rest of us might not, no one told me anything, I found the hard way last year.  
I feel sorry for what has happened but hes just being dishonest on some of his parts that's all. 
Matt is hard to deal with from not answering questions , sending select pictures and not disclosing problems that he knows exist to his slow shipping and not giving tracking numbers,
I'm not here to kick someone when there down but come on.

Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
WVWRZ500N View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVWRZ500N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 5:34pm
Nice work!  That cleaned up nicely. Kudos!

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Lee's Summit, MO
816-377-3185
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:04pm
Thank you guys for all the nice comments , I hope I'm boring with these images here...Embarrassed  
Here are a few of the front barrel vet-rib , lots more work need here as you can well see.....
While the wifey is away the mice will play....I just don't know for how long.....Big smile
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 3:00am
XP001
Guess you didn't realize something, you may know all about Matt'e issues but the rest of us might not, no one told me anything, I found the hard way last year.  

Here is where you are wrong, I do NOT know Mike or his condition beyond what you announced to the world on the board. I said it before you guys need to ask for more pictures and get more details before bidding on a "good" deal. I don't think he posted to deceive because he would have given crappy pics and a dishonest answer to get it shipped, instead he discussed with buyer and BOTH agreed to walk away like adults without calling names or posting on public boards. Adults acting like adults!

I feel sorry for what has happened but hes just being dishonest on some of his parts that's all. 
Matt is hard to deal with from not answering questions , sending select pictures and not disclosing problems that he knows exist to his slow shipping and not giving tracking numbers,
I'm not here to kick someone when there down but come on.

Any time you could have walked away also but instead you came to a deal-some extra free parts to smooth it over if I remember correct, in fact you even said that you went back to him to buy more after that first really "bad" deal with him. If he is that hard to get honest parts from why bother him anymore? Now your back kicking at him again. People need a Forum on how to buy and sell properly, YES! Teach people this and it will solve some issues. then there is also the money back ebay and paypal offer for disputes. 
People need to understand how to communicate! Tank did a great job by going seller and agreed to move on without even posting the bad story on a board. If Mike was such a dirtbag (sry, that's tank, please take no offense, JK) Mike could have fake pic or story up something to get the money and cause delays. Not the case. I still cant understand why you throw mike under the bus but you still did other deals with him later! 
There are legal issue about posting bad info or half truths, if you win in court it still cost money. If you expect a person to ref. a dispute in public how is that going to be judged? Just way to many opinions when if YOU did the correct research and ask the questions about the item to avoid the issue to start with, being lazy will cost you to wise up fast or go broke OR both! Then you want it to be easy by looking at a forum for reference of "bad" deals. What if he is new and hasn't been caught, you going to cry foul?
I will never again post about this idea of a bad deal forum as I made my position clear again.
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 3:12am
Golden,
would love to see more pics, did you take any before you welded the rib? I would have liked to see what it looked like at that stage. You did a great buff job on them dents! With camera resolutions as they are nowadays you can make mole hills like like mountains, even the actors now complain that they reveal "to much". How about a few side views? i noticed a "10" on the receiver right side in your pic, what is that about, anybody?

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 6:08am
XP001
Matt was not honest, plain and simple, look at the responses
Yes he gave me a used firing pin for free for the mistake he made and slow shipping, that was very thoughtful, that's why I bid one more time on eBay, thought they were a good deal but I knew what I was getting my self into and thought it was worth the risk.
I'm not putting him down, he can do what he wants just hope he gets better.
Golden is doing an excellent job fixing that barrel.
Tank was lucky to get out of that deal at $1500.00 + and Matt realized that Embarrassed
Everyone is happy.................. I think Wink 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 11:52am
[QUOTE=XP001]Golden,
would love to see more pics, did you take any before you welded the rib? I would have liked to see what it looked like at that stage. You did a great buff job on them dents! With camera resolutions as they are nowadays you can make mole hills like like mountains, even the actors now complain that they reveal "to much". How about a few side views? i noticed a "10" on the receiver right side in your pic, what is that about, anybody?

Hi Scott, 
At the time of discovering the loose front vet rip/sight I was a little upset & never did take that image &
went to work on the repair, sorry about that .....
I'll be away with other things for a while before I can finish up the front of this 357 barrel.
I bought the 10"  44 barrel in the late 70's from the North Hollywood store , just the barrel alone
it's marked as a Pasadena , there should be some close up shots on this forum.

Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 7:56pm
Golden, I think this is the "10" that was being questioned....

If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>