AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

357 AMP 6.5-inch vent rib barrel on EBay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:31am
more to come .....if I can upload them ...oh this is the 6.5"  357
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:48am
the underside ..... a wee little bit of work ahead , I always welcome a challenge....Shocked
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:58am
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 4:07am
Thanks for the pictures Golden.
I guess the bent site base might be least of your problem's with that barrel, what happened to the bottom, any ideas or just simple abuse. 
Looks like someone used as a hammer, how does the rest of the barrel look.  
I might be able to understand a ding or two but that was a bit excessive, guess the seller Matt forgot to disclose that on his description / pictures and why so many bidders decided to back out.
One thing that barrel is..................its not worth $1397, not even close but I believe its fixable.
Good luck on cleaning it up, post more pics when your done, would like to see how it works out.
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
TankMan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TankMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 4:09am
Originally posted by golden24 golden24 wrote:

the underside ..... a wee little bit of work ahead , I always welcome a challenge....Shocked

I'm always taken aback by what some people do to nice things. I always say some people shouldn't be allowed near nice things. That rear sight doesn't appear that bent. Removing and disassembling the blade and applying  pressure properly applied should set that to rights.  Mine was not hardened steel, I'm imagine if dropping is the cause of bending if they were hardened they'd fracture before bending.

Jerry

golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:48pm
the platform is alright now but the blade is bent
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:49pm
WVWRZ500N View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVWRZ500N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 5:16pm
I would have returned that piece of trash and filed a complaint with Ebay.  Non-disclosure of damages and misrepresentation.

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Lee's Summit, MO
816-377-3185
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 6:48pm
Bill
I couldn't agree with you more but the problem is misrepresentation, it happened to me on a set of grips from the same person and that's why I said we need a section about unscrupulous sellers.
I bought a few parts off him even after I said I would never buy anything but at least I knew what I was getting my self into and mine worked out, it was worth the risk.
I look forward to seeing that barrel fixed.
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 6:54pm
Forgot to mention
I feel bad for Matt but this has happened before, everyone is entitled to make a mistake........but how we resolve that mistake is what defines our true character. 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>