AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

357 AMP 6.5-inch vent rib barrel on EBay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 357 AMP 6.5-inch vent rib barrel on EBay
    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:30pm
All,

Like the subject line says:

I already had a 44 Auto Mag and an extra 8.5-inch 357 barrel, but wanted a 6.5-inch 357 barrel so badly I had to buy a whole second gun to get it. 

If I didn’t already have that, I would be ALL over this barrel. The 357 AMP is a whole lot of fun and adds a whole new dimension to the Auto Mag experience. If you don’t already have one, I would highly encourage you to get one!

This one is being sold by Pontiaker, from Fresno, who had a presence here at one time, and perhaps still is lurking?

It will be interesting to see what it sells for. FWIW I paid $1800 for my 8.5-inch 357 barrel a couple of years ago, and prior to that I saw a 6.5-inch sell for $1500, both on Gunbroker.
Rocketthon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketthon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:26am
I got my 6.5  El Monte 357 barrel 8 years back for 850.
When you are up to your neck in alligators it is hard to remember your original intention was to drain the swamp
Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasadena-Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Pantera Mike Pantera Mike wrote:

It will be interesting to see what it sells for. FWIW I paid $1800 for my 8.5-inch 357 barrel a couple of years ago, and prior to that I saw a 6.5-inch sell for $1500, both on Gunbroker.

Your boys make me laugh.  you cant compare a 8.5 vent rib barrel to a 6.5 they are totally different. and just because you saw one listed for any price means nothing. Whats important is what they sold for.

I saw several whole 357 AMP guns selling for $1500 this year. And we dont know if they even got that much.  Now you got the new automag guys seling whole 8.5 topends loaded with bolt and cocking piece for less than you paid for a barrel.

I have no idea what Pontinker barrel should sell for, but even making a statement that you saw one for $1500 is asinine. His has a rough finish and the black from the lettering is gone and the rear site looks badly bent.

Based on his problems he is probably hoping for a quick sale and any reasonable price. Hope he gets both, but a $1500 barrel it aint. 

Like rocketthon said its maybe in the $800 range, maybe a bit less because of the finish and bent site base.  Wont be bidding on it myself, so feel free to PM him and offer up the $1500 if you like. but I'm sure glad you aint advising me on anything, that kind of advise would get a guy broke and stuck with a pile of junk real quick.   -joe
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 4:24pm
Here was a bargain from last night. 

A very nice Pasadena and a nice Barbasiewicz 357 barrel.  The 357 barrel is worth $2500 alone.  Prices are way down right now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/852200876
Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasadena-Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

Here was a bargain from last night. 

A very nice Pasadena and a nice Barbasiewicz 357 barrel.  The 357 barrel is worth $2500 alone.  Prices are way down right now.

Yup, that deal looks bout right. Not sure about the Barbasiewicz barrel being worth $2500, but the price of the whole package seem like a good deal. I remember when a Barbasiewicz barrel was not worth any more than any other barrel as they were not marked and considered backdoor items. Being a shooter and a very practical man I got no use for collectables, so if a collector is willing to pay more for a actual unique item that makes some sense to me. but I dont get this auction pricing frenzy overpaying for a common items that seems to go on all the time. Its like people got nothing better to do, almost like gamblers who keep losing but need to keep playing, like auction buying is an addiction. 

Unfortunately for the buyer of the 6.5 357 barrel it looks like someone followed the pricing guidance above or got caught up in the auction bidding. As they say, a fool and his money be soon parted. Sure hope they can hammer that bent sight base straight or they will be spending even more for a new one.  Well I guess it just shows anything you can sell, there is a buyer out there for it. On the good side Pontiaker can probably use the money, so its good for him.  -Joe
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Rocketthon Rocketthon wrote:

I got my 6.5  El Monte 357 barrel 8 years back for 850.

The real question is, what would you SELL it for today?

Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:57am
The scruffy barrel that was the subject of this topic sold for $1397. 

Which gives a pretty clear indication that a GOOD one is actually worth substantially more than that today. 

While others may think it’s good, bad or indifferent, the 357 Auto Mag is vastly underrated IMHO.  It offers a subtly different Auto Mag experience from the more common 44, which is difficult to describe, but deserves to be experienced and enjoyed. 
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Pantera Mike Pantera Mike wrote:

The scruffy barrel that was the subject of this topic sold for $1397. 

Which gives a pretty clear indication that a GOOD one is actually worth substantially more than that today. 

While others may think it’s good, bad or indifferent, the 357 Auto Mag is vastly underrated IMHO.  It offers a subtly different Auto Mag experience from the more common 44, which is difficult to describe, but deserves to be experienced and enjoyed. 

No sale , the bidder for 1397 backed out ..........
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:00pm
Golden
How did you fine out high bidder backed out, i'm just curious as that helps out when bidding on eBay.
Yes the barrel was rough but the rear sight was bent and who knows what else might be wrong with it.
I  completely  understand how things might not be disclosed in the beginning Wink
Thanks for the heads up 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:14pm
Forgot to mention that $1397 is without sales tax eBay collects , for me in California that's an extra $108.27 and add $3.70 for shipping for this barrel so that $1397 is now $1508.97 and that's with no returns excepted if there is a mechanical problem.
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>