AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US Citizenship...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Citizenship...
    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 9:41pm
Looks like the folks in authority have reviewed my murky background and, despite that, have asked me to present myself on Oct 22 for an interview and tests to determine my suitability.

I'll have to remind myself how to pronounce "aluminium" in the local patois before they throw me out on my ear... 

Not AutoMag-related, of course, but something I'm pretty pleased about - this has sure been a long time coming.
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:01pm
Congratulations! Good luck on the test, I hear it's hard for us born here to pass with all the questions.
Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 11:42pm
Yes, good luck.  Beer
If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
TankMan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TankMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 6:52am
Some of us have been known to say and spell aluminum as aluminium just so the rest of the world knows what we are speaking of but mostly because we don't want to appear primitive!

Jerry
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Thanks, guys - I'm sure it won't be too tough.

I'm just relieved that all the evidence I submitted in support of my "Yes" answers to various questions eg. "Have you ever killed or tried to kill another person?" has satisfied them that I'm one of the good guys.
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 6:41pm
I passed Smile

Apparently I'll hear within 2 weeks where/when the swearing-in ceremony will be. The look on the officer's face after she asked "Have you ever killed or tried to kill someone?"... priceless. I had to do some explaining.
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 11:59pm
Congratulations Big smile
" Right turn Clyde "
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 3:18pm
Thank you, Ed. Just got news the oath-ceremony will be at noon on Nov 14 - they sure don't waste any time :)
 Post Reply Post Reply