AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Part 37 - Trigger bar spring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:36am
Love the idea of a dox of random small springs, somehting to look out for.

I htink the ballpoint may be the best way forward for the moment, I will let you know how it go's after Sunday.

Ian
Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm
Many years ago when i picked up one of my AM's, I knew it had "issues".  I sent it to Brian Maynard for a "tune up" and a complete go-through by him.

Well my AM had that spring missing too.  I asked if he had any spare springs, or if it could be fixed.  He said that he just puts a spring (cut to length) from a ballpoint pen in place and it had always worked just fine.

He told me that the factory started gluing that spring in place when they started getting complaints of customers "loosing" that spring.  If he came across an AM that had that epoxy in place he knew the gun hadn't been fired much.

Part of his "tune up" was to put a recessed area there to help hold that spring in place.

If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 7:09pm
Well Ian
Looks like you need to buy a few ball point pens to get that hunk of stainless working again Wink post on  how it works out.
Again i'm learning something new every time I read posts.
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
Ian View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 9:29pm

So good news, while I did not get any ball points I did just get a random box of springs and having found one with the correct diameter and cutting git down we have a winner, shot 4 rounds without any issues but not the 5th, after taking the pistol apart the spring had come out at the bottom just like the original, sadly we where out of time so next week we will go the same but this time a little epoxy at the bottom of the spring to hold it in place and we should be right as rain.

Also it was well worth stripping down and it needed a real clean so it should function quite a bit better once we have the spring sorted out next week, I think the second AutoMag will also be stripped down for a proper clean as well.

I was quite Lucky as I have the video that Larry did for Bert on the strip down and reassembly and that helped no end.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and help and one more week and we will be back up and running again Smile

AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Ian Ian wrote:

I was quite Lucky as I have the video that Larry did for Bert on the strip down and reassembly and that helped no end.

Ian, I've never seen that - would it available for the great unwashed like me? ;) 

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:20pm
Bert Mason sells the CD.  Scroll about 3/4 down the page.

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:06pm
John
I would like that DVD too but looked everywhere and nothing, anything on Maynard does not work Wacko
Help
Thanks John and hope all is well
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:27am
Aha - thank you kindly.
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:12pm
It's not on Maynard.  It's on Bert Mason's website http://www.automagheaven.com/.

Scroll about 3/4 way down.  It talks about the DVD.  You'll have to contact Bert.

It is definitely worth the money.  It shows how to completely tear your Auto Mag down.  Every spring, pin, lever, etc.  AND, shows you how to reassemble it.

Thumbs Up
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:39am
Thank You John
I will give it a try and if I cant figure it out I might give you a call
ED
" Right turn Clyde "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>