AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My AMT Automag III 30 carbine actually worked.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My AMT Automag III 30 carbine actually worked.
    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 6:13am
I've owned about fifteen AMT handguns since I bought my first one in 1984. None have ever come remotely close to functioning without a work-over, but just moments ago, at the age of 52, I fired my first AMT handgun that actually worked. I think hell must have frozen over.....

Tony Rumore
Tromix
Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 5:28pm
Of course, only people with 50+ years of life experience know how to shoot the AMT's...
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:19am
That is good to hear maybe you were just getting Monday or Friday production guns Wink
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
CrazyLarry View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyLarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

I've owned about fifteen AMT handguns since I bought my first one in 1984. None have ever come remotely close to functioning without a work-over, but just moments ago, at the age of 52, I fired my first AMT handgun that actually worked. I think hell must have frozen over.....

Tony Rumore
Tromix

This is ... saddly true.

Unless there has been a fair amount of TLC involved with the previous owner, they needed attention.

My Automag II is fun to shoot, but, only likes 3 or 4 different brands. Luckily, those are less expensive ones to shoot (for the most part)

My hardballers needed new springs, a "fluff-n-buff" around the feed ramp and rails, new sear, and an EGW bushing before it became a tack-driver again. I also switched to RIG grease for the rails/slide which eliminates inconsistent cycling.
TankMan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TankMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 7:32pm
I dunno, I fired mine once since we bought it new years ago. 5 magazines worth of ammo (it was all the people around me could tolerate) and it worked flawlessly....

Dumb luck I guess. But then I've not had many malfunctions over the years, Lugers, Broomhandles, all manner of weird little pistols including a 1927 Mann 32 - of course it failed due to a real Franken_magazine that someone made up from parts soldered together....

Now I also have 2 .44 AMPs that I've not yet fired as I want to learn enough to make sure they're set up right before they see ammo. Too many horror stories I've read here.

I have only a few simple goals, don't hurt anyone, don't hurt myself and don't break anything that could have been prevented... everything else is gravy...

I'd like to know more about how an Automag III needs to be set up to run well.

Oh yeah I'm 68 soon so I like the life experience part...Smile

Jerry
 Post Reply Post Reply