AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not Auto Mag - Best Movie Car Chase Scene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Auto Mag - Best Movie Car Chase Scene
    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:19pm
Just watched the original Gone in 60 Seconds and it has the best car chase scene I have ever seen. 

Lots of great car movies out there, but this one was just a blast to watch and the final chase went on forever.

The end was a bit cut off, but it worked.   "See ya around Billy" should have become a tagline.

That said, I am excluding Vanishing Point and Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry and they were a different class and really a nonstop chase throughout the movie, as opposed to a chase within the movie.

Overall not a well scripted or acted movie, but it had all the elements there.  If it were a big budget movie polished up it would have been much better.

You might gather that my taste in movies is a bit different (not unlike my preferences in firearms) and I'm not a big fan of too many modern movies (or guns)  ;-) 

Not really relevant to anything here, the board just looked a bit slow so I thought I would burn up some electrons.

So See ya Billy,,,  ;-)

Who was that masked man,,,
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:20pm
Auto Mag

I'm a car guy and yes your correct  the original Gone in 60 Seconds is a classic and in my opinion  puts the remake to shame, love seeing all those old cars, brings back memories.

Whats crazy is that movie was filmed about 6-7 miles away from where I lived growing up in Lawndale.

I do love the way Billy talks in the movie, nothing racial about it, just a group of kids being too stoned to care about anything other than smoking more pot and drinking.

Other movies that are worth mentioning would be Hollywood Knights, another great car / teenage movie with meaning, you just have to look for it.

On any Sunday a movie about racing and riding with your friends, I love the line in it
 " Whats this a  Ya-ma-ha .....a motorcycle made by a piano company, what will they think of next "

And one of my favorites Big Wednesday.

Its a surfing movie but deep down its about growing up, friends and life. 

Yes they were low budget with very familiar young actors and some A list stars at the time but today's movies don't even come  close to the meanings of the films mentioned above. 

Any one else, it does not have to be gun, surfing or car related but boy I sure am showing my age.

Ed
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:32pm
Yup, hard not to LOVE Big Wednesday!

When they were prepping for the draft medical and during their evaluations, I was in tears watching the Jan Michael Vincent and Gary Busey scenes, GREAT.  One of my favorites for sure.

And the nod for shortest but very well planned chase, Diamonds are Forever chase through the parking lot off Freemont St. Short but fun.

As for full on nonstop car chase end to end, Vanishing Point is still the king of all car movies.  Maybe its the Challenger,,,,  Maybe its the music (love the Jerry Reed picking in Welcome to Nevada) maybe its the scenery,,,  But anytime I find it on, I cannot walk away. 

GH

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 5:12pm
I forgot to quote my favorite line's in Big Wednesday 
" No........I'm just a garbage man  " and  
" Lopez, he's as good as they say he was.....................So were we " 
The first holds meaning because 90 % of my customers were garbage men and that's what all the owners would say if they we asked a question about anything.
The second is about getting old and reliving memories.
Very deep and emotional
Ed 
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 6:21pm
Mine was the when JMV was apologizing to somebodys mother and says something like; I never, and I don't know who could have, but I never repeat never pissed in your steam iron.

Hard not to appreciate a line like that.  I couldnt think up a line like that, let alone the actual act of doing something like that.  Guess I was never that creative,,,

GREAT movie, now I think I need to watch it again soon.

GH
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 7:28pm
I'm kinda surprised no one else has made a comment on this or there own favorite movie or lines ??????????? or are we just over thinking simple movies from 40 years ago ?????????????????????
Ed
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 7:49pm
One movie i forgot to mention........................
American Graffiti and its because i'm a racer and have had friends of mine die at the track and I was just talking to them 10-15 min before it happened, very emotional.
The last seen where Milner is driving home after beating the well funded factory team and winning the event only to loose his life to a drunk driver. I know its just a movie but it has happened to me and just brings back memories I wish I did not have.
Ed
aklawok View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklawok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 10:55pm
my favorite car chase...the blues brothers. So much carnage..so much wreckage (set a record for most crashed cars) for so little payoff in a low brow lower budget movie..love It! Cult classic. Also love baby driver, very original.
WHEN IN NOME, DO AS THE NOMENS!
ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, BUT YOU CAN SEE IT FROM HERE!

73 KL1YJ
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

Mine was the when JMV was apologizing to somebodys mother and says something like; I never, and I don't know who could have, but I never repeat never pissed in your steam iron.

Hard not to appreciate a line like that.  I couldnt think up a line like that, let alone the actual act of doing something like that.  Guess I was never that creative,,,

GREAT movie, now I think I need to watch it again soon.

GH

Auto Mag.....it's a shame JMV passed away recently, he had a rough life after Air Wolf, drugs and alcohol took there toll on him. 
What a shame.
Ed
omie01 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:22pm
I grew up watching the original Gone in 60 seconds way before the remake came out. Always loved it. Now I own a 1971 yellow and black Mustang myself, it's not Eleanor but it's really close. But I keep mine under lock and key. We are just big boys with big toys!! Love it! PS: I LOVE the Blues Brothers as well, always loved those chase scenes too!!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>