AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IAI Automag III arrived today!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IAI Automag III arrived today!
    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:43am
One look at the magazine and it was obvious that she was barely fired.  The back story is the seller purchased this AM III, used at his local gun shop, for his father as a Christmas present many years ago.   His dad never fired it.  After purchasing I asked him if he found it to have any ammo preferences.  He replied "oh no I don't shoot those cannons".   It appears to have had maybe a single mag down the pipe. Thanks for the tip (XP001) about the recoil spring and pin at the end of the recoil rod!  The only challenge I had was removing and reinstalling the barrel bushing.  Pushing straight down as in most 1911's would not work.  A buddy and I had to depress just the outer ring of the recoil rod bushing to allow the barrel bushing to lock in place.  The gun was just slightly dirty.  I removed what looked like cosmoline that shipped possibly from the factory (brownish) which I've seen on other pistols.  If I'm understanding the production dates I'm guessing this was built 1990-1991 due to the low s/n (under A00800).  Looking forward to a range visit next week to test out the ammo in the photo. I will chrono them with my LabRadar and will post the data.  

XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:41am
Looks very nice, does the slide have markings, hard to see any in this pic. Any box or manual? Does your barrel have the lock up ribs on it or not?

You are going to have a "BLAST" with this! Enjoy!
kwesi View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 3:05am
Thanks.  The glare is hiding the distinct “IAI AUTOMAG III”.  If you expand the photo you’ll see it faintly.  No box.  The owner believes he has the manual in his storage unit and will send it.  The barrel has the ribs on top.  Hoping to take her to the range in two days.
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:45am
bump to move this ahead of the Chinese spammer posts!
 Post Reply Post Reply