AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AUTO MAG .44 AMP 180 PASADENA CA. SNA006XX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AUTO MAG .44 AMP 180 PASADENA CA. SNA006XX
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:32pm
HELLO FROM NY,
I AM A NEWBIE AND MY APOLOGIES UP FRONT FOR ALL GOOFS.
My husband died this last Dec.  I have a conceded carry, but apart from the guns I may carry my knowledge about some of the pistols he was not able to sell is scant.  I have an Auto Mag  .44 cal 180 
Pasadena Ca. SN  A006XX. among others such as 2 Manurhins, 3bbl +4bbl, and German made PP Sport. and on & on.. 
 The problem Here is that no matter what i've read or watched on U Tube,  I cannot pull back the slide on the AMP 180.  I watched one video show that it makes it easier if thou cock the trigger back first. HA!  I brought it to a gunsmith my husband used a lot. He was in law enforcement, but when he retired he worked strictly on long guns.  He was the only person who could pull back the slide, but had not handled this pistol before  and would not be doing any work on it anyway.  Another Gentleman who shot with my husband &  has been trying to help me organize this struggled with it and decided not to push his luck. just raised his eyebrows. He too had never handled this gun although he was I'm the military and is also quite knowledgeable.  MY point is they are both strong, and are not shy about a variety of weapons so clearly this gun has a problem. the gun came with hard case oil papers and two boxes of original rounds 
AWA 2 boxes of Norma originally made for this gun.  I am close to throwing it in the ocean.  it has been stored in a gun safe with heater and all other guns are in fine working order.  If anyone has anything they can suggest before it becomes an anchor, I bee so grateful.  I'm not about to try to sell a malfunctioning gun and could never price it properly anyway as it stands now.  Thank you in advance.  pS I have tried the bucket route with no success sorry.
Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:48pm
Sorry for your loss.
If you push the barrel of the pistol against a solid wall with a soft towel in between, the action will unlock as if it is being fired. As you do this you or someone familiar with pistols can more easily pull the slide back. Be sure the weapon is unloaded and that no one is behind the wall or the end of the barrel.
Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:50pm
Also if you post some photos, someone may want to buy it.
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:02pm
Triggerfish:

I will IM you my number and, if you want, you can call me and I can give you a bit of technical advice on how to deal with that gun as safely as possible.  Just check you instant messages in a moment.  I am in Arizona...so I have lot of the day left.

You were wise about being cautious and asking for advice.  This could be an easy problem to remedy or difficult.  The key...as you have noted...is being safe.

Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:28pm
I have heard stories of widows getting ripped off trying to sell the pistol be themselves.

Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:32pm
Good advice!

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Gerry Gerry wrote:

I have heard stories of widows getting ripped off trying to sell the pistol be themselves.

Don't worry...this lady is sharp as a tack.
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:19am
Okay...we got the AutoMag "running" over the phone.  LOL...just call me "Tech Support:.

I'll make sure this gun gets moved correctly.

Having just ordered a new AutoMag...you don't know how frustrating it is for me to not have been able to offer the proper amount for this gun myself.  Because, if Patrick didn't exist....I'd be making a very fair current offer.  As it is.....my wallet is close to neutron star status.....if I spend any more it'll turn into a black hole.
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 3:45am
Who is our most respected member that I can discuss real values with?

I'm in over my head on this one....not "Lee Jurras Custom" or "Kent Lomont" over my head.....but by God....close enough.

I want to make sure the Lady gets her money's worth on this one.

Internet prices are a bit retarded....I see crappy guns listed for stupid money ( and sitting there ) and good guns sitting for what I consider to be pretty fair across the board. ( or sat, in the past tense....it's not like these things are laying around everywhere )

Oh why oh why can I not win the lotto?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Bruce?  Eric?  You out there?
triggerfish View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 4:08am
Hi MarK

You are a star!  Brilliant!  It is still a work out  BUT IT WORKS! On the first try.
Also, you answered another question. .. this can be tough for others too!
 I would need someone to really look at it, open, but from what little I know, & from what the 2 gentleman observed, they didn't think it had seen much action either.   Even the Mag. cradle has little residue on it.  I have been Photographing it with a camera that has 3 batteries all of which should probably replaced.  But posting them with a Mac and that Bucket thing just isn't in the stars.  
Tony said he would try to post them for me.  Here I mean.

That's some great trick /solution Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>