AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The "MIGHTY" 10mm Norma!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by usrguns usrguns wrote:

I know that some here may disagree with me, but right now I think that RIA is putting out one of the nicest 10mm's out there.  The Big Rock will chew up original Norma loads like its candy, and feel like target loads.  I have to thank John for finding it for me, and I would recommend the RIA 10's or 45's to anyone.

Larry, thanks for the kind words about our firearms!! I might just be a little partial to them since I work for Armscor/Rock Island Armory but we do make a very nice firearm, with a lifetime warranty I might add and priced so that just about everyone can get into the shooting sports. I also have a stainless Colt Delta Elite I bought new in July of 1989 that I love. At least I can say that the RIA line of 10MM 1911's are fully ramped and supported, a big plus in a 10MM 1911 platform. Also, not many know that Armscor/Rock Island Armory is THE largest manufacturer of 1911 in the world. 
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
TRX302 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRX302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 6:27pm
10mm Auto is nice, but if you have no 1911s with .40-sized breechfaces, you can get a barrel chambered for .400 Cor-Bon or Tony Rumore's .40 Super.

I wound up buying a .40S&W barrel, a .40 Super reamer, and headspace gauges because nobody listed .40 Super any more. Turns out several barrel makers will still make you one, they just don't bother listing them on their web pages any more...

TRX302 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRX302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 6:33pm
Quote Also, not many know that Armscor/Rock Island Armory is THE largest manufacturer of 1911 in the world.

I'd believe it; they sell worldwide. Also, "back in the day" some of the "boutique name" 1911s were actually made by RIA.

My only problem with RIA has been that the times I've seen something of theirs I really wanted, it was out of stock... how many people have wanted an aluminum-frame CCO bobtail in .38 Super, anyway?

Enough that each entire incoming shipment was apparently sold out before it actually hit the dock...
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:57am
My Roomie just picked up a razorback this week.

Wow....I now know what brand my next 10mm, 1911 will be.

Incredible production gun.

usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:14am
I would take a hard look at the RIA 10mm first!!!!!

If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:35pm
Tanfoglio is making some really nice 10mm's in their higher end models.  Here's a pair of Stock III's chambered in 10mm.

Tony

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:20am
I think they also make a 6 inch Hunter model. 

The Tanfoglio's are sooooo nice!!!!
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:56am
Yeah, I have one of those too.  45ACP, 40 Super, and 10mm.  They all run fine off the 45ACP slide with a 10mm extractor installed.  It runs 38 Super as well.

Tony

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:39am
THAT is HOT!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12