AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The "MIGHTY" 10mm Norma!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "MIGHTY" 10mm Norma!!!!
    Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 3:38am
Next to some just loaded .44 AMP....well....looks a bit pip-squeaky!!!

.....10mm Norma is one of my favorite rounds of all time for a handgun.....

....BUT the .44 AMP is still the King for me.  It was an under rated and underused cartridge that, By Jove, deserves the same kind of resurgence that the 10mm is having!!!!

10mm Norma next to .44 AMP:

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 3:03pm
Amen.

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 3:20pm
I like 10mm a lot and really like two-tone 1911's.  Here's a new one Colt just brought out and I thought I needed pretty bad.

I think that the new Delta's are very nice guns.

usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 3:59pm
I know that some here may disagree with me, but right now I think that RIA is putting out one of the nicest 10mm's out there.  The Big Rock will chew up original Norma loads like its candy, and feel like target loads.  I have to thank John for finding it for me, and I would recommend the RIA 10's or 45's to anyone.
If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:12pm
BEEMER:  NICE DELTA!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just finished this one in January or February.....

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:41pm
I certainly remember that Delta from before, super nice!

I am satisfied to leave the new one stock.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by usrguns usrguns wrote:

I know that some here may disagree with me, but right now I think that RIA is putting out one of the nicest 10mm's out there.  The Big Rock will chew up original Norma loads like its candy, and feel like target loads.  I have to thank John for finding it for me, and I would recommend the RIA 10's or 45's to anyone.

Larry

It took them quite awhile but it seems that RIA is finally producing some good firearms, probably the best value in 1911 right now.

The only one I own is a 9mm/22TCM convertible, fun gun to shoot.
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

I f you ever change anything on that gun....it would just be to add a fully ramped barrel and a fitted bushing.  That is a really nice, nice looking gun as it sits.

The only reason you would really have to do that is if you want to run the really hot stuff.

Colt needs to just have a fully ramped barrel as an OEM, production feature on the Delta and then be done with it.  It's warranted on the Delta.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by desertmoon desertmoon wrote:

Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

I f you ever change anything on that gun....it would just be to add a fully ramped barrel and a fitted bushing.  That is a really nice, nice looking gun as it sits.

The only reason you would really have to do that is if you want to run the really hot stuff.

Colt needs to just have a fully ramped barrel as an OEM, production feature on the Delta and then be done with it.  It's warranted on the Delta.

Adding a ramped barrel to that gun is just too expensive, buy one already there.

I like and shoot 10mm a  lot but the nuclear stuff never interested me.  I can't come up with any reason for it.  I went through that with riflles quite a few years back.  Loaded up the 22-250 Ackley Improved and a 22-243 Middlestead until brass lasted one shot. Both had 28" barrels.  They were smokin', but proved nothing.
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:57pm
I am with you on that.  I tend to run most of my guns slowwww.  I have an AR-10 build that I have gassed to just barely cycle with ten rounds in the mag using a very mediocre load of 4064.  Not only does it literally drive tacks....but my barrel will last a damn long time.

That's why the 6.5C just doesn't interest me.  In it's factory loading, a lot of 6.5C barrels only go about 3000 to 3500 rounds before performance begins to fall off...and the bullet really isn't even going all that fast.  If my AR-10 was a 6.5....I'd be closing in on a new barrel already...and I only built that gun 3 years ago.

The two calibers I DO love to run warm....are the 10mm Norma and the Auto Mag.  It's my one foible, which is kind of odd because, excepting some experimenting in the 1980s when I was kid....I always preferred to run my Smith Model 29 just a bit warm...but never hot.

.....whatever the case.....calibers like the 10 and the AMP cartridges still get my blood pumping and that is nice.....because I am old and tired and depressed 90 percent of the time.....stuff like this really cheers me up! Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>