AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coonan in 10mm Magnum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coonan in 10mm Magnum
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:21am
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Coonan has brought out their .357 Mag pistol chambered in 10mm.  It seems like a likely candidate for rechambering to 10mm Magnum.....but by the looks of the pics on their site, the ejection port appears a bit shorter than on the .357 models.

I might have to get one, drink some beer, and cut on it.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:02pm
Just looking at the pictures it appears that the grip frame is also changed from the 357 version.  It does not look like the longer 10mm mag will fit in the 10mm Auto version.

I think that their 45 ACP and 10mm are built on a different frame the size of a standard 1911.

http://www.coonaninc.com/pistol-showroom/
omie01 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm
Yup, the .357 is their larger frame, the .45 and 10mm share the same frame. One step further, the .45 and 10mm are using the same slides, just the breach face is smaller for the 10mm.
 Post Reply Post Reply