AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another BAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:54pm
I also noticed the "slight angle" but just figured it was the camera lens(fishy lens) as so many pics are done on phones and such. If I ever question something like angles I always address the issue with the owner about it and what it really looks like, maybe even ask for another pic at a "head on" shot. I think I have seen some slightly "out-of-whack" but I know those were the last bunch of serial numbers or later ones. As I said in above post, the first hundred were reserve for Harry and friends and I don't think they would have slap it on knowing it would be "bitched" about and come back to bite them in the a$$, but you never know with AMT. I love AMT stuff so I'm not knocking them but you have to look carefully sometimes and accept everything they did. Sometimes it's fun to get one or two screws up to prove QC missed it, I have seen may auctions brag about of valueable this is or that is just because of the opps that made it passed QC and is so rare it makes it worth more. Like double stamped serial numbers or roll over markings and such.
Remember, I did NOT say this is on a angle! Need to get that info from Mark for sure. I would like to say get ALL questions in email/writing from ANYBODY because if it is not as it they say it is then it's FRAUD and you how legal recourse. 

I dealt with "slick Mark" , lol  before and had no issues whatsoever. Not sure how he deals with others but he was ok with me. He has helped me on info before and I would not feel bad about asking him questions again but always think it out for yourself no matter where the info comes from, the net is great for that! Don't blame others for your lack of lazyness and making a bad deal! I myself won't take sides, I'll listen to whoever and move forward without worries.

As for everybody here talking $hit about others, whoever started it, that doesn't matter but it really should stop. This forum was put up to "HELP" each other and share the joy of this brand, lets' not forget that! I always say and believe if you have nothing good to say, say NOTHING! If you believe a bad deal is talked about between two parties, you can always PM the people involved and give your slanted  version(because everybody has one) to them just to make you feel better you advised the party so that you can live with yourself better.

As for raising market prices, I have accused of that before and it's funny because I laugh all the way to the bank with checks in hand. Not laughing as I "pulled" the wool over somebody but laughing as I got what I and the seller were happy with and the other is just pissed his thinking and pricing was wrong with what it was worth. He can bitch all he wants about the "bad" deal but both parties are happy as he sits and stews about it. Some people need to "refresh" their brains, as prices do go up and down. Remember when bread was .25 and candy bars were a dime? A brick of 22's were $10 are now $33! Is that market price wrong? I think so but it is life, as some feel it is worth that price. This is called a "FREE" market, even though is really isn't FREE because it cost money, lol. Had to say that. So I have to live with some prices high and some low for now.

I have sold some things for big bucks just because I didn't care if they sold and if they did I got my price for it to make ME happy! The new owners wanted it bad enough and were very happy to have the item for that price so the deal was good for both, sorry if that upsets others as for raising the market prices but that's life in the free market.

I do know a lot of people here but look at my posts and I never call anybody names! It really isn't needed and we all should be adults here not kids calling names. Everybody has bad days and some deals don't always get done on a "happy note" but as long as it gets settled who cares. 

Life is too short to be angry, move on to what makes you happy and keep happy people around you!
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 8:20pm
I agree with XP001 if you have a problem with it ask him about .
And I to have met him and also bought and sold to and from him with no problems like XP001 says if both partys are happy with the numbers who cares if one or the other makes a dollar or two off of it am happy and if I can make a few dollars out of it when I sale it I'm going to.
Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
In the end everything is temporary.
Gerry
MI
Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasadena-Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Dances with AutoMags Dances with AutoMags wrote:

From Wikipedia:

"troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[

often for the troll's amusement."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, how are you NOT a Troll ?

Who met Mark Miller, George Hebert or the old grizzled trapper from the 18th century, Pasadena Joe ?

The Dr. Jekle Mr. Hyde thing you got going on is fooling nobody.  George, we do worry about you and I fear that you drink too much.  I may be wrong.  You may just be going through a hard time or maybe a brain tumor. 

I have hoped this has all just been tongue-in-cheek East Coast humor.  I fear I am wrong. 

People have told me they are afraid to post because George doesn't like Max, or Patrick, or Mark and don't want to become your target. 

A gentleman is a man who can walk into a room and make everybody feel comfortable.  A Troll does just the opposite.  

I will here name call based on evidence.  You are presently a Troll and a Nasty Bully.  You are presently contributing nothing to this forum. 

Alinsky tactics: Raise your voice, call names, project your actions onto the target, challenge or ignore all facts and then call more names.  The object is to "Shut-Up" anyone who you don't agree with.

You bitched endlessly about the design of the stanchions (between the rib and the barrel) on Patrick's new Auto Mag.   Patrick went back to the original design and without dropping a beat you started in on the UGLY line in the rib where the barrel is screwed into the receiver.  Really George ?

You used to post enjoyable reading with you're unique sense of humor, but not anymore. 

I hope you see the change in yourself and address it.  I would like to see the old George resurface.

All the best (really)  Bruce Stark

Son theres clearly something seriously wrong with you.  Somewhere you swallowed a bitter pill and it got stuck and you cant seem to get over it.  Sorry I cant help you with your problems. 

Wont be bullied by folks like you but I cant wast any more time on your nonsense. 

Im 100% self admitted crusty old codger and got no problem speaking my mind and maybe too freely sometimes, but your replys are akin to what Tony R. called a purse fight and there is no purpose to it and no good can come out of it. 

So comes a time when someone has to be the adult and walk away from the childs tantrum and let them wear themself out,  so please don't confuse my refusal to respond to you with anything other then you are not worth my time.

Hope your confusion is cleared up about who you are replying to to, and wish the other guy good luck dealing with you but I hope not to have to reply to you again.  Its just about the most worthless thing I have done since I signed up here. -Joe
Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:46am
Who is the meth freak?
Gerry

Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasadena-Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:18am
Not sure if its supposed to be him or me or the other guy he is mad at. 

Dont personally know either of them but he has got a major bee in his bonnet against the other guy. Must have got screwed over bad, or else something happened thats got him totally pissed off.

Then again, I think I had a neighbor who kinda resembled that lady.  over the years you meet all kinds, specially in my business as I travel alot.  -Joe
Washy1953 View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Washy1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 9:00pm
Would be interested in box if still available,
Rod
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:43am
To be fair, will put box on GB soon. Had a few inquiries and no idea what its worth.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm
Great idea. Please post when you do.
"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
General Douglas MacArthur.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 6:14pm
My favorite story about the BAM cases is the one Bruce tells about the guys from the Chinese Laundry.

Maybe he will pop in and tell it again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>