AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aluminum Grips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutoMagyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by wbautomag wbautomag wrote:

Automagar anything I could possibly shave off the price you just added back plus. 
Yeah,  I know, it was just me day dreaming.  LOL 

The high polish looks great.  Is it fairly hard aluminum? Would the aluminum stay that way?, or is there anything you'd need to do to keep it bright like that?  Like a poly coat or something? Myself, I'd be a bit worried about scratching it if I ever try to buff it up, because it's so immaculate looking.  Just wonderin'.  
I have an Italian replica Remington 1858 black powder 'Texas Navy' revolver with a brass frame (soft also, compared to steel), and even when it was new, it came with tiny little micro-scratches all over the brass, likely from a crude buffing at the factory.  Your grips looks so perfectly polished, I'd be paranoid of ever rubbing anything on them to blemish the finish.  Beautiful work again William. 
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 2:31pm
This is a little off the subject, but this guy is on the Colt Forum and does some really nice work.  Take a look at the gallery.

He has quite a few AMT guns that he has cleaned up the matte finish.

http://www.gunspolishing.com/
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 5:24pm

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 5:48pm
Gone

wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 5:54pm

wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 6:19pm
I would like to apologize for my ranting to any one who read it  sometimes things just pop and you have to let off a little steam I was going to erase my post but with beemer quoting me I cant
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 6:52pm
Thank You Beemer.
76nova View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:40pm
AWESOME I to am having second thoughts for not buying them I'm sure Gary will enjoy them.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by wbautomag wbautomag wrote:

I would like to apologize for my ranting to any one who read it  sometimes things just pop and you have to let off a little steam I was going to erase my post but with beemer quoting me I cant

I only deleted it because you wanted to William.  Everything you said was true and I agreed with everything you said.

Let's hope Trump gets elected and those Executive Orders are rescinded.
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 11:13pm
Beemer nothing I said had anything to do with you are anyone on this site its just when I seen that web site it made think I could have had one but because of the cost it made me pop about the government and said some things that maybe not all should know if you know what mean even though I know it was true.

Automagar the aluminum is some drop offs of some of the stuff we make at work we make drum assy's and sleeves out of it so it has to be some pretty good stuff  But it will scratch but with the right buffing wheel and compound it will come back just as it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12