AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the 1998 Harry Sanford Edition guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

Love your work William, but I prefer to see octagon Bbls on Winchesters and Colt BlackPowder  pistols.  ;-)

Now maybe we could get you to try your hand at something  bit more 21st century, like a fluted Auto Mag Bull-Bbl.  Just a thought.

gh

OK  GH with your challenge and Larrys push we have made it into the 21st century its been almost a year in the making but here it is THE ONE AND ONLY   10 1/2"  Fluted Auto Mag Bull - Barrel

desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:53pm
OH, SNAP!!!!

That is WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
76nova View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:33pm
Totally awesome William
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:16am
Looking good William!! Larry, is that going to be my payment for hooking you up on that Big Rock 10MM!! Ha!!!
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 2:57am
Well I am finally glad that we have a completed product.  A little over a year ago George got my interest peeked when he posted his thoughts on Williams barrel.  That thought just would not leave me alone, so I made some calls,  called in a favor, and had all the instruments lined out to complete this barrel.  So I put it all in motion.  I told William no pressure work on it when you can, and lets makes an awesome barrel.  The hardest part was not being able to tell anyone what I had in the fire...  There were little bumps along the way and I told William not a problem, no rush, just work on it when your ready.  He has sent me pictures as he went along and I was more than happy with what I saw.  The last pictures I got, I figured it would be about another week until finished, but William had a treat for me.  He finished it the same night.  I can say beyond a shadow of doubt that Williams work is beyond the compliments that I could put here in this post.  You have to see the finished product in hand to get an idea of the workmanship he puts into everything he does.  This project consisted of me sending him all the raw parts, and him making what you see in these pictures.  I can not thank him enough for taking on this project for me, and taking it beyond my expectations.  So all I can say for now is THANK YOU William.  You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And to you George I hope this barrel meets and exceeds what you were looking for when you posted over a year ago,  and no you can't have it!!!!!!!!

P.S. George please no more thoughts like this one.   I can't afford any more and I think William needs a break from LARRY projects!!!!!!LOLLOLLOL
If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 3:32pm
Well gentlemen, you have truly outdone yourselves this time. Bravo!

I'm not sure it was a challenge as much as a vision, and I honestly don't recall my thoughts at the time of the post, but based on my discussions with Larry the vision is complete and flawless. 

Outstanding work William, I think you really created a unique piece this time.

There some exotic Auto Mags out there and we all have our own preferences, but I truly believe this is one rendition that genuinely complements the look of the Auto Mag.

The Auto Mag was always a forward looking gun, both in the materials it was built from and the aesthetics of its design.

And while I don't begrudge others their preference for retro-ized/steam punk/or other renditions with throwback design elements, I myself have a very strong preference for very classic Auto Mag design features and more futuristic interpretations.

I still remember LEJ's 41 Silhouette from one of the first Metallic Silhouette events and thinking how cool it looked, and also Kent Lomont's  pencil thin 22/25 Auto Mag bbls.

So for me, this barrel aligns nicely with the direction Lee and Kent were going in. 

I do recall that Lee pioneered the wood foregrip and Kent the tapered octagon Bbl, but you will note they both abandoned those ides pretty quickly realizing the Auto Mag was a "space gun" made from rocket science materials and technology and pushed it in that direction with their designs.  And those designs and yours William, are works of art and I believe they will stand the test of time.

Congrats Larry and William for creating this beauty.  You both should be proud.

Many Thanks for sharing!

All the best my friends.

george
Who was that masked man,,,
Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 3:03am
Cold?
I fell and broke my right shoulder. i have a non displaced fracture of my rt shoulder due to a fall.
My colon cancer had nothing to do it, I tripped over  Sheltie. 6-8 weeks recovery, no recovery and no surgery
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:26am
Dang, Gerry!!!

GET BETTER SOON!!  ( of EVERYTHING! )
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:32am
William!  Have you run that sexy thing yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456