AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe New Automag Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kg7og View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:42pm
Well Said, Sir
and thank you for taking the new noobie slot away from me! ;)
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 5:49am
With respect to loading seven rounds in a magazine, the aluminum and stainless steel magazine loading tool sold by Brian’s Surplus on Gunbroker is absolutely brilliant (he admits he copied the design from Lee Jurras) and I wouldn’t consider having an Automag without it. Makes loading seven rounds childishly simple, and is also very useful for cleaning and lubricating the magazine.

His ad claims he only has a few left. I think Patrick should contract with him and include one with every new Automag. They are really that good....
Benny123 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 6:20am
Being in a situation where I have to go to a ‘Brian’s Surplus’ is precisely the reason I resist shooting my 44AMP often. The new Auto Mag gives one hope they don’t have to resort to aftermarket sellers dictating the price. Yeah, I get it, it’s a very low inventory. It just feels unscrupulous.

When I was young I was always the kid that enjoyed taking things apart but never good gettign them back together
That being said, even I think I could measure the width of the magazine, cut 2 pieces of aluminum, buy a small steel rod, drill a hole, and figure out a way to modify one side to match the magazine depressor. If that fails and I was simply to weak—or impatient—to add another cartridge to the mag, then, I’d consider it.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Pantera Mike Pantera Mike wrote:

With respect to loading seven rounds in a magazine, the aluminum and stainless steel magazine loading tool sold by Brian’s Surplus on Gunbroker is absolutely brilliant (he admits he copied the design from Lee Jurras) and I wouldn’t consider having an Automag without it. Makes loading seven rounds childishly simple, and is also very useful for cleaning and lubricating the magazine.

His ad claims he only has a few left. I think Patrick should contract with him and include one with every new Automag. They are really that good....

Can you post a pic of the tool?

Tony Rumore
Tromix

CrazyLarry View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 2:25pm
At the risk of possibly violating any forum rules, here is a link to the tool currently for auction. BTW: I have no connection with the dealer, just found it  after searching.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/778176513

Travis Morgan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by CrazyLarry CrazyLarry wrote:

At the risk of possibly violating any forum rules, here is a link to the tool currently for auction. BTW: I have no connection with the dealer, just found it  after searching.

Wow! $84 bucks! -- but a picture is worth a thousand wordsWink
Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
Back in the day, LEJ sold them for $7.50. Inflation. 
Send the part to China, that will get the price down in a hurry.
Gerry
MarkH View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 2:14am
I bought a plastic loader for DE 50AE, it works. Looks like it was 3D printed.
caz345 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 6:08am
Originally posted by CrazyLarry CrazyLarry wrote:

So is the back wall of that tool flat on the inside to fit the flat back of the magazine or is it round to fit the front of the magazine?
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 6:35am
It is round to fit the round rear of the magazine.

In practice, you hook the tool over the magazine pin, hook two fingers around the pin that runs through the tool and pull it down. The pin slips under the magazine floorplate and locks the follower in the fully compressed position. You then simply drop the first six rounds in. The seventh round inserts with only minimal pressure, at which point tension is taken off the tool and it can be easily removed.

Brilliant.

The body of the tool is aluminum with somewhat sharp edges so when I first got it, it lightly marked the side of the magazine, as aluminum transferred from the tool to the magazine. Dressing the sharp edges of the tool with a file, and perhaps lightly oiling the inside of the tool prevents this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 123>