AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broken automag V extractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaihn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken automag V extractor
    Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:22pm
Hi, the tip of the extractor on my Automag V broke.  I ordered a new one, I'm just looking for some advice on the procedure to replace it if any has some to offer?

Can anyone offer some instruction on how the hammer assembly is removed so I can get to the extractor plate to replace it?

Thanks!
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 5:30pm
Just to be sure we're talking about the correct part, do you mean the extractor is broken??
Your question sounds as you mean the ejector tip is broken.
Extractor is in the slide, the EJECTOR is in the frame.
Kaaihn View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaihn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 5:42pm
You are correct, its the tip of the ejector, part 6 here.
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 7:02pm
Take the grips off and tap the hammer pin from left to right just far enough to get the ejector out slide the new in and tap the pin back in  if the ejector wont go back in the gap make sure the sear spring is up on the ledge of the hammer or it wont go. oh and you may have to push in on the detent ball from the side.
 Post Reply Post Reply