AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Mag 3 jammed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistolero2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Mag 3 jammed
    Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 9:10pm
I came across an Automag 3 and the best I can tell somone attemped to disassemble improperly,the barrel bushing and recoil spring have been removed and the take down slide lock lever is still in. From what I've found on it so far this is not the way to do it seems that there are pins in the back of guide rod from info on line and I figure that they have fallen in frame and have slide locked,anyone know of a procedure to free the slide. Have tried to invert and shake tap etc. to no avail, hope someone has run across this and has a trick to help. Thanks in advance for any input.
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 2:40pm
Pistolero,

Please take this gun to a gunsmith.  I know nothing of your abilities but you could hurt yourself.  Maybe first see if any parts are missing and try to get them before going to the gunsmith. 

All the best.............Bruce
An armed society is a polite society.
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 3:45pm
First off make sure this gun dose not have a live round stuck in it .  With the bushing removed the barrel and slide may be out of lock up and will make it jam up if this is the case you can push back on the barrel and forword on the slide and get it back in lock up if it goes back in lock up put the recoil spring and bushing back in and try to take it apart right.
Pistolero2 View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistolero2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:12pm
Thanks for the input recoil delay pin had been dislodged and was hung under barrel lug had to go in the back door to free it up. Works like a dream now!
tgt40 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgt40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:26am
Glad you were able to diagnose and solve the issue!  Happy shooting.
 Post Reply Post Reply