AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

44 Automag frontsight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 44 Automag frontsight.
    Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 8:29pm
My 44 automag has no insert in the frontsight (is all stainless steel colour), but there is a small section cut out for some inlay, which looks to be original.
Anyone know what the original material was to fill this up?
I can do many different colours but have to use the "plastic sheet stuff" as in the S&W models, and I should mill the section deeper and dovetailed. I don't realy like to to do this, so the reason of the question towards the original inserts.

curmudgeon View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 9:25pm
Luc, there was no original insert. It was a stick'em piece of paper. If yours is notched it has to be after market. Should have been dovetailed when cut.
You can dovetail or I'd drill about 2-3 small holes in the cut and fill with a liquid type front sight insert. Your choice. I can't imagine a front sight notch that was not dovetailed. However little surprises me when it comes to amateur gunsmithing...Cry Cheers
TC357MAX View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC357MAX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 11:38pm
Luc,

I have two automags. The first 44  Pasadena has a .010" dp X .200" slot without the dovetails in the front sight.  Looks original to me. Now, my second a TDE 357, is smooth without the slot.

Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 9:30am

Thanks for the info.

I must admit I made a mistake! The frontsight on the 44 automag has no cuts at all.
I was almost sure it was, because I 'm sure I have a pistol with a frontsight as discribed in my previous post. (I must check my inventory to see which one it is, damn, I must have to many guns;-)

Anyway, I was thinking on doing someting as with my 357 Sig:

Post Reply Post Reply