AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ready To Rock, Next Bbl Run!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRX302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:44am
It might be worth calling the CDOJ to find out who was in charge of the operation, then get hold of him. Explain the situation and ask how you can get your property back.

They *already* have your property. The worst they can do is tell you to **** off.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by TRX302 TRX302 wrote:

It might be worth calling the CDOJ to find out who was in charge of the operation, then get hold of him. Explain the situation and ask how you can get your property back.

They *already* have your property. The worst they can do is tell you to **** off.

That is the problem.  By putting down a deposit, we have no claim what so ever tho any of the confiscated materials.

I still think think that it is worth consulting with someone at the NRA to see if we have any case what so ever, but I am nearly completely in the dark about what happened and why.

TRX302 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRX302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:46pm
If you don't at least ask, you're never going to get anywhere.

They're not guns, so no ATF regulations apply. They're not completed, so ITAR doesn't apply. They might be "evidence", or they might just be "gun-looking stuff" gathered up by the cops. It wouldn't hurt to at least generate some paperwork on them showing that people are making claims.

If Brian has a lawyer and you can get hold of him, you could see how much he would want to file a request with the court to give your stuff to you.

No, in the strict sense of business law they don't have to do anything for you, but they're just stuff in a box on a shelf somewhere, probably not worth more than scrap metal as far at the State of California is concerned. Judges apportion property all the time; it's part of what they do.

One thing for certain: doing nothing will get you nothing.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by TRX302 TRX302 wrote:

If you don't at least ask, you're never going to get anywhere.

They're not guns, so no ATF regulations apply. They're not completed, so ITAR doesn't apply. They might be "evidence", or they might just be "gun-looking stuff" gathered up by the cops. It wouldn't hurt to at least generate some paperwork on them showing that people are making claims.

If Brian has a lawyer and you can get hold of him, you could see how much he would want to file a request with the court to give your stuff to you.

No, in the strict sense of business law they don't have to do anything for you, but they're just stuff in a box on a shelf somewhere, probably not worth more than scrap metal as far at the State of California is concerned. Judges apportion property all the time; it's part of what they do.

One thing for certain: doing nothing will get you nothing.

The highlighted portion is what I thought originally also, but  guys closer to the subject than I say that's not going to happen.

We could all file small claims cases against Brian and probably win a judgement and there would be no winners in that one either.
Travis Morgan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:12pm
I know that some of you purport to be close to what has happened to Brian and I would hope that you can afford those of us outside of Brian's circle some of the same consideration and concern.

To those of you who do not subscribe to blind faith, nor have been blessed with overflowing bags of money and collector Automag parts; it is for you that I share the following data. 
I do not expect those outside of these parameters to understand the pursuit of principal, morality, legality and the emotionless mechanics of ethical business practice. 

I do not endorse or can verify the correctness of the following information, all I know is this was the only information available through my investigations:

The discussion was left off, over being able to take legal action to help recover property that was supposedly confiscated under the resources of California DOJ. 
So where would one begin, right? 

......Firstly attempt to find pertinent records in order to locate the confiscated property would seem to make the most sense.
The alleged incident was assumed to have taken place at Brian's Paso Robles California residence.
.....Contacted the local Paso Police Department and was told that they had no arrest records for Brian Casey Maynard on file.
.....Next, contacted the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's office. They did have an unrelated? arrest record - (files closed to public after 30 days), only one, but it was from back in August 31st of 2014 - case #142496 (  which doesn't coincide with Brian's continued posts /note dates/   http://www.amtguns.info/2nd-bbl-run-progress_topic1598_page5.html   )
.....Was instructed to contact San Luis Obispo Superior Court Clerk due to it being a potential state level case carried out by some other alphabet soup agency. Of course that was efficiently dead ended! When you call 805 781 5143 it tells you that the mail box is full and hangs up on you - speed of justice and all Lol! ironically the web location is called slocourts.net ..... as in "slow courts" if ya missed it Lol!

Because of the nature of Brian's circumstances, I did poke around a bit more and did find a California state welfare program by which he most probably would have been targeted. There is a PDF report for APPS 2016 for those of you interested in how the state of California can confiscate firearms without due process:

Now keep in mind not all of the cases were on display here, and the only one that flagged Paso Robles does not look like it would be Brian's collection - but oddly it does mention the word "manufacture" page 20. They do brag that "Agents resolved 9,183 APPS investigations in 2016" ....So Brian's could still potentially be one of their 2016 APPS.

...... So, the question becomes, how does one proceed in asking help from the NRA legal defense if one cannot even provide a case number and the pertinent details? 
At present all we have is a "letter" provided by a third party along with other vague third party reports from a website chat forum! Not much to carry forward in the credibility department! Sorry!

Only one other thing that came up in the investigation.....
I would like to congratulate Brian on the recent (March 17th 2017) purchase of his new 1,633 sq ft home in the burbs of Portland! Maybe the x-wife's???, but oddly Brian's name is on the purchase.

That's it folks, I will now kiss my deposit goodbye and graciously bow out!

......My love for the Automag continues on despite this distasteful bump.
Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:18am
Caveat Emptor .
Another sad page in Auto Mag history.
Hell, I did not know the LEJ passed away, the gun club in the Big Range in Sky is getting pretty crowded.
Lee, Skeeter, Col. Hatcher, Col. Nonte, and Harry and all the crazies, experimenter and gunsmiths who were part of long history.
RIP All
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112