AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baby AM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby AM
    Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:18pm
ProTourAero what you let him have it for that for you should have drove it up a little bit theres one more on there.
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 5:31pm
If he drove it up more that would make the market more stable but at a higher price. Not good for people who want one at a lower price(good for me tho). If everybody stops buying these at above 1200 the market will drop back BUT not evereybody would do this and that's why the market price is higher. Supply/Demand makes the auction market work. Not always what people/buyers want but it's what we have.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:15pm
The BAM is not a good gun to buy on an online auction.  You will do much better at a Gunshow, where the dealer has it Blue Book priced.
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:37pm
I have never seen a gun at blue book price at a gun show.
I was going to get insurance on my guns and had to get them appraised so I took them to a dealer that said they  could do it  and they did that blue book crap and all of them where half what a gave for them but the Baby AM it was about $75.00 more then I gave for it. P on blue book prices
wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:55pm
I went to the Tulsa OK gun show about 8 years ago and seen my first automag III in 30 carbine I all most bought it but back out the dealer said they wre new 1 IAI and 1 AMT he wonted 900.00 + for 1 and 1100.00 for the other.
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 1:17am
AMT's seem to be a region thing.  There seem to be a lot of lightnings and II's here in FL.  See them regularly at gunshows.  And the 380 Backup, lots of them (there wasn't much competition back then and many have "upgraded" to LCPs, etc).
Tony is right, anything AMT at a deal is a gunstore or private sell.

Jason

wbautomag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbautomag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 1:27pm
Will it must be just my luck because I have never found a "good deal" at a gun show yea I bought new guns a few dollars less at a gun  show over the local dealers but not enough to say I got a good deal just saved a few dollars. I DO KNOW AND LEARNED one thing about buying used guns at a gun show if your looking for EXOTIC guns like the AM YOU BETTER DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I have had several of the amt guns since 1982 I had always wanted a .44 AM since 1984 when the movie came out I had seen the AM in books and magazines but never seen or handled a AM till about 5 years ago I found one at a GUN SHOW it was a H.S. but it was .44AM my dream gun I fondled it a few min. and throwed down the credit card for $2400.00 and walked out with it . and $2300.00 for the next one and its a TDE. I went home looked up load data for it and ended up with some starline brass ,W296 powder at 18.5 grs. ,Win. primers and speer 240gr. TMJ bullets went to the range frist cap it went in 5 peices I looked at my girlfriend she said what happen I said the damn thing blowed up. Mind you I had my .45 WM and .50 so I was looking for a kick but not like that I picked up the peices and went home change pants and took the gun apart it should have NEVER been sold as a firing gun. The bolt ring had been broke and some one welded it back it looked good on the out side of the weld but the weld was full of pin holes . I got with the dealer and after some time he gave my money back.  The moral to my story is if there is a good deal at a gun show I have never seen it . AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK and like I have read on this site life is to short so if you see something you have always wanted and can afford it get it. BECAUSE NO ONES GOING TO GIVE IT TO YOU.
ProTourAero View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProTourAero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 4:48pm
I was surprised that there were no bids at $1500.00 24hrs before the end of the auction, so I bid.
I still think $1500.00 is too much for a .22, but I would still like a BAM for the collection.
As the auction was ending I was on my way down to the Indy 1500 gun show, and didn't know if I won or lost untill we stopped for lunch.
I still want one, but that's just more than I am willing to pay.
It's surprising how many times I have come close to owning one, and having the rug pulled out in the last second of the purchase.

Also surprised how low this one sold for, maybe all the "doesn't matter how much it costs" have filled there collections, and now the reasonable collectors can purchase one for fair market value.

On the subject of gun shows, I have usually done well with good deals over the years, but don't ever remember seeing a BAM at a gun show.
Mike McKinney
Chesterton, IN
protouraero@comcast.net
www.premierpistol.com
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:00pm
I have purchased 5 BAM's at gunshows over the years.  The most I ever paid was $600, about 2 years ago at a Tulsa show.  Larry Cheetham had it, at L & L Machine Guns.

Tony

XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:26pm
Talking just about on-line auction/buys not doing the old way footwork of hunting thru shops/gunshows. SRY, but fair market value is what they sell for on avg which is now about that and higher. You just want to find a steal of a bargain. I can't blame you as I would like a couple of steal bargains as well. It's about the hunt and there isn't much of a hunt on-line so you then need to up your game and pay more to fight off the larger amount of general bidders to win it. There is an extra price to pay for buying on-line sometimes but I could not have found as many of the items I have over the years without this on-line feature. I have found some deals also and also had to pay a little more for them as well. You have to set your limits and not get excited to keep away from that over-price bidding but you also have to be real about what others judge that price to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>