AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need an AMT Auto Mag V gunsmith

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisinestes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need an AMT Auto Mag V gunsmith
    Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 7:52pm
First of all... Thanks to Tony Rumore for pointing me here.

I have an AMT Auto Mag V .50AE. It has a few problems. It stovepipes, I think the slide slams the stop too hard, and there's this pesky little hole in the fluting of the frame up front under the slide because it wasn't lined up in the jig when they machined it. 

I had a gunsmith lined up from subguns  dot com, but lost contact with him long ago. Does anybody here have any ideas for me? (Besides melting it down and making a paper weight out of it. Haha)

Thanks!
Chris
chrisinestes View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisinestes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:42pm
Bump
omie01 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 5:29pm
Contact Brian Maynard of MACO LLC, in Oregon. He is like the AMT super gunsmith! Not sure if he knows those guns but he will steer you right!!

chrisinestes View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisinestes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by omie01 omie01 wrote:

Contact Brian Maynard of MACO LLC, in Oregon. He is like the AMT super gunsmith! Not sure if he knows those guns but he will steer you right!!

Do you have any contact info for him? A quick google search found his name and his business name, but no contact info.

Thanks!
Chris
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 7:54pm
Here is Brian Maynard's info.  He goes by sirsaka on this forum. 

info@maynardarmsco.net

schwammy View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:09pm
Read Brian's book and you'll know that he is familiar with the AM V.
Hehe...  he still might tell you to melt it into a paperweight!!  LOL

Seriously, the V was a challenge for me to get running straight.
I did a little adjustment on the feed lips and some minor cleanup.
But mine still likes to be really clean.
After 25-30 rounds it starts acting up again until cleaned.
Hope this helps...
Sorry, but that one is not enough of a shooter for me to have gone any further with it.
In fact...  paperweight sounds pretty good...  Tongue

sirsaka View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirsaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 12:40am
I had my fill of fixing these "potential bombs" when I was AMT's service manager. The scariest part was the test firing. With brand new recoil springs and everything having crisp edges, it is still my least favorite gun to shoot. I've seen chambers split right down the side and slides blown completely out. I do not care to work on them and I do not suggest shooting them. Its the only Larry Grossman design that I have to say should have remained on the drawing table. Sorry for the negative response but somebody had to say it. Confused
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 7:37am
Brian,
Can you tell us what brand of ammo you used back then for the .50?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply